782 47 21

Gilinsky slowly wakes up and turns to see Vanessa still in his bed. He wakes her up when he attempts to move strands of hair out of her face.

    "Morning," she whispers.

    "Morning," he smiles.

    "So...that happened," she blushed.

    "Was it good at least?"

    "More than good, actually."

    He chuckled. "I liked it too."

    He props himself onto his elbow and leans in for a kiss but they are abruptly interrupted by a crashing noise outside. It sounded loud as if multiple windows had been bashed in. As a reflex, he shields her head as if he aimed to protect her.

    "Stay here," he said as he hopped out the bed in his boxers. He grabbed a t-shirt & his aluminum baseball bat before cautiously leaving his room. Vanessa sat up in the bed, clenching the covers against her chest.

    Gilinsky had searched the entire house on edge and found nothing until he peeked through the living room blinds to find Madison's Range Rover crashed into the back of Vanessa's car.

    "What the fu—," he whispered to himself before rushing outside. "Madison?!"

    Unbeknownst to him, Madison sneakily turned her maniacal laugh into a confused sob.

    "Jack?" She slowly got out of her car, holding the back of her head as if she were injured. "Oh my God, I'm so so sorry. Tell your mom I'll pay for everything. There was a dog that darted in front of my car and I didn't wanna hit it. Ow, my head."

    "Are you okay?" He walked up to her, checking for any cuts or bruises.

    "I think so," she groaned. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

    "Just sit down, you seem dizzy." He guided her to sit in the grass. "And this isn't my mom's car, it's Vanessa's."

    "Wait, what?" She looked up at him with sad eyes.

    "Holy shit," they hear Vanessa exclaim as she steps outside, fully dressed. Madison exhales when she realizes this. "My car!"

    "I'm so sorry Vanessa," Madison apologized. "I'll contact your insurance company and my Dad will help me get things all squared away. It was an accident."

    "Sure, an accident," Vanessa pursed her lips.

    "I said I was sorry! Why don't you believe me?!" Madison begins to fake a cry.

    "Why don't I belie-- I have a long list of reasons, got a minute? Or five? And of course she starts crying," Vanessa scoffed. "You're so full of shit Madison. You did this on purpose and you know it!"

    "Ladies," Jack shouted. "Let's just calm down, make some phone calls and start from there, okay?"

    Vanessa couldn't believe he wasn't seeing right through her shenanigans, especially after all she had done before. He walks up to Vanessa and pulls her aside.

    "She apologized," Jack spoke quietly.

    "You know who else can convincingly apologize? Axe murderers on Death Row that wanna get out on parole."

    "Oh come on," he chuckled. "Look, I'll call her an Uber after we handle all this and the tow trucks come. Then I'll drive you home, okay? And then...we can talk about how we're gonna be Shaggy and Velma from Scooby Doo for the Halloween Ball?"

    Vanessa tried to hold back her grin but couldn't help it. "We're not a couple, Gilinsky."

    "But we can still be cute. What do you say?"