613 34 18

"How long have I been out," Sammy asked Stass as he awoke in her bed

She tossed his shirt at him and walked over to the window bench to sit down. She looked out her window at the clear blue skies wearing a sweatshirt & shorts.

"Well let's see," she cleared her throat. "You showed up around midnight, drank the last of my wine, and talked yourself to sleep around 1:30."

"...Did we--"

"Nope," Stass shook her head. "Look Sam, I see what you're doing. I thought you just wanted to be cool but I can't take another girl's man. Especially not Serenity's."

"I'm sorry." He ran his fingers through his hair. "I just thought there was some sort of chemistry between us and I wanted to dig a little deeper."

"Maybe you should stop digging," Stass shrugged. "At least break up with her before being all exploratory, for fuck's sake. By the way, she called 3 times last night."

"Shit," he whispered.

"You should get dressed and go, anyway. She'll be here in an hour to do me and Justine's makeup for a photoshoot."

Sam put his shirt on and got out the bed to next put on his shoes.

"Please don't hate me," he pleaded.

"You'd have to do some real fucked up shit for me to hate you."

. . .

"I feel

"I feel..." Kian thought. "I feel corny." His face scrunched up as he patted down his chest.

Kian and Lucy walked up to Gilinsky's front door and she fixed his blazer for him.

"I'm not the one who told you to wear a blazer with a t-shirt," Lucy chuckled.

"Not this," he grinned. "This whole double date thing. I mean...she's my stepsister, it's gross."

"Don't be such a baby."

"We're having dinner that they cooked together in a dining room they set up together," Kian cringed. "Didn't know we're a middle-aged couple that dines with our friends from the country club."