571 34 11

"A three-day weekend all to ourselves," Kian stretches as they exit the school after the last bell. "Whatever shall we do? Wherever shall we go? The beach?"

"What, right now?" Lucy asked with her arm around his waist.

"Well, I mean we have to go home and get our stuff, but-"

"I can't...right now," Lucy hesitated. "My parents want me to try and bond with Ty."

"I know he was kinda innocent and all but he's still creepy."

"He is," Lucy agreed. "But I have to do what I have to do and get it over with. I should be home around 9. Why don't you sneak onto my balcony again and spend the night?"

"What about your parents," he smirked.

"When did that ever stop you?" She kissed him.

He hummed. "Okay...you got me."

"I know," she winked. "I'll see you then."

Kian watches Lucy walk away for a bit, shaking his head and biting his lip. Then he rides off on his skateboard. Lucy waves to Cameron from afar before getting in her car. She reaches in the backseat and pulls out a teddy bear holding a 'Get Well Soon' plush heart.

. . . . .

Lucy eases her way into Nate's room, seeing he's asleep. The nurse was already in there, situating all the flowers. Lucy had been visiting Nate every single day...without Kian knowing.

"How's he doing," Lucy whispered to the nurse.

"He's only been able to wiggle his toes," the nurse answered quietly. "No response yet from his legs in general. There's one wound near his ribcage that got infected, it's taking a little longer to heal but nothing too serious. He's responding well to the pain medication. It's good he has a strong support system."

"Yeah," Lucy nodded. "His parents are great people."

"I was talking about you," the nurse smiled sweetly, patting Lucy's shoulder before leaving the room.

Lucy looked at all of the flowers, walking over to smell each of them. She had no idea where to place the bear.

Nate groaned and Lucy gasped as she turned around, keeping the bear behind her.

"You scared?" Nate asked in a raspy voice, waking up.

"Are you?"

"I don't know," he looked down a bit. "What you got there?"

"Oh." Lucy presents the bear to him. "It's not flowers but-"

"It's cute."

Lucy hands him the bear and he seats it on top of his chest. She takes a seat in the chair next to his hospital bed.

"I had a dream about you," he said while looking at the bear.

"Oh yeah? A good one?"

"A dream with you in it is always good," he softly chuckled.

"Nate," Lucy rolled her eyes. "I'm still with Kian."

"Are you sure?"

"What do you mean am I sure," Lucy laughed.

"You come to see me everyday and I get the feeling Kian doesn't know." Nate looks at her through the side of his eyes. Turning his neck would hurt too much.

Out of bad habit, Lucy begins to bite her nails. "That doesn't change anything," she said quietly.

"If you say so, lil mama."