523 34 41

SoCal is usually known for sunshine, smiles, & dreams. But behind closed doors, some are experiencing dark clouds.

In a guest beach house, a girl has been silently sobbing for hours in the restroom. What she doesn't know is that her lover was on the other side of the door, hearing every time her breath hitched, every time she sniffled. And a lone tear rushed down his cheek.

On a beach, a boy is sitting on the sand, watching the waves, wondering how he got to this point. He wished everything were either different or how they used to be. Nonetheless, he was full of sadness...and missing someone he probably lost to someone else.

And somewhere, a girl just marched into the house she grew up in, suitcases in tow. In the foyer; she screams with anger & sorrow, having just lost two things she truly cared about: her job & her relationship.

But like the rules of life go, there is a balance to be maintained. There are others that are basking in the light away from the dark clouds.

In a bed lie a boy & a girl who used to always lie in that bed before they parted ways years ago. And he woke up to find her sound asleep on his chest. For the first time in a long time, he experienced the joy he always wanted back.

In an empty building undergoing interior construction is a hopeful girl imagining the finished product. She is soon joined by her girlfriend who will be by her side and who helped make everything possible.

And in an ice cream shop, a boy overlooks three of his friends who have been supporting him through thick & thin, watching as they enjoy their laughs & desserts. To the other side of him, is his new boss, a girl he once went to school with. And she looks absolutely radiant to him. For the first time, he's happy to be at work.

. . .

"Looks like someone is finally on their break," Vanessa smiled, taking another spoonful of Gilinsky's ice cream even though she had her own.

Sammy walked over to the table where they were sitting along with Johnson.

"I didn't know Andrea worked here," Johnson teased Sammy. Every time he mentioned Andrea, Sammy got red in the face.

"Shut up," Sammy quietly replied, sitting down with them. "She's not lookin' this way, is she?"

Vanessa rolls her eyes. "Relax. All her attention is on that clipboard."

A bell dings, someone's just walked into the store; a young man in a navy blue sweater, black denim jeans & white tennis shoes.

"Good afternoon," the guy speaks to Andrea in an English accent.

Andrea immediately meets his gaze, impressed with his greeting considering most customers treat them like they're not even human. Sammy catches onto all of this, watching their chemistry as the guy places his order. Gilinsky and Johnson are trying not to laugh.

"Any toppings?" Andrea asks him.

"Oh, yes, um..." He almost got caught just staring at Andrea's bright eyes. "I'll have the cookie dough & brownie pieces, please. I-I'm sorry, you're just really pretty."

Andrea blushed as she spooned the toppings into the waffle cone cup. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me. I'm Harrison, by the way," he grinned.

Sammy quietly mocked Harrison, mouthing what he just said.

"Grow up, Sam." Vanessa shook her head.

"What," Sammy shrugged, keeping his voice low. "He thinks he's hot shit just because he's British."

"He's literally just ordering ice cream, I don't know how that correlates," Vanessa scoffed.