773 45 16

Kian was heavily invested in a game of beer pong and Vanessa was heavily invested in Kalin's eyes. So Lucy was left to wander the party on her own for a while. She went out to the backyard where the speakers weren't potentially deafening her. There was a tap on her shoulder and she turned around to see it was Nate rocking his new man bun hairstyle & exclusive hoodie. For a quick second, she stopped breathing.

    "Hey," she said blankly.

    "Cool party huh?" He said.

    "Yeah it's eventful I guess," she nodded.

    "How are you and Kian?"

    "You really wanna know?"

    "I mean, yeah. Are you happy?" He sipped on his drink.

    "Yes I'm happy. Are you?" She looked up at him with bold eyes.

    "I'm cool, we cool," he chuckled. "You still seem a little...I don't know."

    "A little what?"

    "Like, reserved or some shit. Like something's bothering you."

    "What makes you think that?" She shook her head.

    "Come on, I know you Lucy." He teased.

    "You know who I used to be," she corrected him

    "Oh here we go."

    "Don't 'oh here we go' me, Nate. Or is it Skate? Or Skathan? Or Skizzy? What is it today?"

    "Don't start attackin' me when I just wanna talk!"

    "What is there to talk about? I don't have anything to say! Damn!"

    "You claim you're happy but you keep givin' off this pissed-off vibe, Lucy. You're puttin' up a front & I don't like it."

    "So what you're telling me is that we're still supposed to be buddy-buddy after you cheated on me and...nevermind." Lucy began to walk away but he grabbed onto her arm.

    "Please..."

    "Nate, you really want us to be friends again?" She asked.

    "Yes. I miss you. And I'm sorry, a million times, I'm sorry. I told you it meant nothing, I haven't even talked to the girl."

    "I forgive you, Nate. But damn, let me heal. Give me the chance to miss you back."

    He didn't want to let her go, but he nodded and let go of her arm, she wasted no time leaving his presence. Tiffany walked past Lucy as she came toward Nate with their drinks, her Jimmy Choo holographic lace stilettos tapping against the stone path.

    "Everything okay?" Tiffany asked him.

    "It's all good baby," he smiled before kissing her sweetly. "Wanna go back to mine? I'm not feelin' this party anymore."