803 42 13

It's another Monday morning at West Bev High. Some have shown up to school being careless & in their pajamas while others have shown up in their closet's best as usual. And then there's Kian and Lucy who have just snuck out of one of the school's stairwells, hiding their urge to giggle with each other. Kian quickly slaps her on the ass and she couldn't help but laugh. Her eyes grow wide and she rushes in for a quick kiss before they turn the corner, acting just as friends in front of everyone else. Their laughter quickly ends when they bump into Swazz.

"Shit," Swazz exclaims. "Kian, I've been lookin' for you actually."

"Uh," Kian looks left and right in confusion. "Why exactly?"

"I need to talk to you...in private."

"Um," Lucy chuckles. "Okay, I'll see you later Kian."

Kian nods and his eyes are momentarily glued to Lucy's ass as she walks away; causing him to lick his lips. He turns his attention back to Swazz.

"What's going on?" He asks.

"I need drugs," Swazz says quietly, almost ashamed.

"...Care to elaborate?" Kian folds his arms.

"A painkiller stronger than aspirin but that'll still allow me to play during Friday's game."

"So you want a miracle. I don't do miracles, bro."

"I'm serious. Some real bad shit is at stake if I don't play."

"What happened? Took on a shitty bet with your fellow jocks?"

"No. My dad will add on to the other bruises he gave me." Swazz's jaw clenches as Kian is stunned nearly speechless. He didn't want to have to share that information but he was desperate.

"That's...some heavy shit. Um, look, I still can't help you. I only sell green now. But I know Myles Parrish sells the hard stuff."

"Parrish...didn't he graduate last year?"

"Yeah but he's still living in LA. I'm goin' to a little kickback Thursday after school, you can roll with me and I'll get you hooked up." Kian patted him on the shoulder. "Just...don't get hooked on whatever he gives you. Get your shit sorted out so you won't have to."

"Just to kick off the season," Swazz assured. "Once my dad sees I'm back on my toes, he'll back down."

"Right..." Kian nodded. "Bring cash. A lot of it. I don't know exactly what he has for you but whatever it'll be, it won't be cheap."

. . . . .

"Kian? Kian Lawley? Of all people?" Cameron was in shock once Lucy filled him in as they sat by the water fountain. "No seriously, of all people?"

"He's actually a caring person," Lucy shrugged. "He's misunderstood, like me."

"I don't misunderstand you."

"I mean...generally."

"Are you sure you're not just lonely and acting out on it?"

"I'm fine," Lucy snapped. "It would be nice if my friend would just be my friend and support me."

"I support you more than anyone, Lucy. But that doesn't mean I agree with every single choice. That doesn't mean that I agree that every person you hang with is good for you. Come on now."

"If I trust my own judgment, then why can't you?"

"Why can't I?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, I'll give it to you straight. I don't trust your judgment. I think you're still in a lot of pain and you have no closure because you're too busy dealing with your own pride. This Kian thing is pretty fast. You don't know how much I just wanna tell Nate for you."