789 42 22

Serenity pulls up to the front gate of the guarded community located in Calabasas.

"Name?" The guard asks holding onto his clipboard.

"Serenity Woods," she gulped. "Here for Anastasia Kara- Kara...um..."

"Karanikolaou," he finished for her. "You're on the list, I just need your I.D. for scanning and I'm going to record your license plate."

She nodded, handing him her driver's license and waited for him to do his job. She took several deep breaths, nervous she was about to pull up to the house Stassie shares with Kylie Jenner. The guard gives her I.D. back and tells her the directions.

When she pulls up to the mansion, she's in awe. It looks much larger in person than she assumed. She parked on the curb even though the driveway was empty. A ring of the doorbell and a moment later, Stassie answers the door.

"You must be Serenity," Stass said. She leaned against the doorframe wearing a simple t-shirt & sweats but her long blonde hair was already combed and eyebrows already done. "Gigi said you did really good at the trial run."

"Yeah," Serenity grinned. "I thought it was gonna be you there."

"No, that was Chantel, a friend. Well...come on in. I'll give you the tour."

Serenity walked in and the house smelled like 'clean' despite the dogs she just saw running around. They got to the living room and another girl was on the lush couch watching music videos while snacking on yogurt.

"Jordyn Woods meet Serenity Woods," Stass introduced. "She lives here sometimes."

"Hi," Serenity waved with a smile.

Jordyn looked her up and down and simply nodded her head before getting back to the TV.

"I hope you know we're not related," Jordyn said plainly.

"Don't mind her," Stass said. "She's just like everyone else, you know? Living the lives we do, you can't trust every newcomer off bat. You'll get used to it. And if you play your cards right, she'll warm up to you."

"Gotcha," Serenity nodded.

After the rest of the tour, Stass and Serenity sat by the fire pit outside, sipping on pink lemonade.

"Gigi tells me you're still in high school?" Stass studied Serenity, looking deeper than her perfect winged eyeliner.

"Senior year...at West Bev."

"West Bev," Stass nodded. "I remember wanting to go there but my mother opted against it. Wanted something a little more private. She hates public schooling. Anyway, what about home life?"

"It's quiet. Not much going on."

"Friends? Best friends? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? Give me the dirt, it gets boring in this big ol' house."

Serenity sips on her drink, wondering if she should speak about losing her baby. "Um...my best friend's name is Tiffany. My boyfriend is Sam but most of us call him Sammy, he's on the football team. And I mean...the world of beauty is my life."

"No need to bring that up," Stass laughs. "You already got the job. But fine...I'm sure more dirt will surface the closer we get. So you'll get notified a week in advance before I have to make appearances and go to events. Sometimes it may be last minute but since you only have school, I figure that won't be a problem to get over here nights and weekends. Since you're still fresh on the scene, you'll get paid $500 per visit, is that cool?"

Serenity nearly choked on her lemonade. To the average rich person in California, 500 is chump change. But Serenity was never high maintenance & always made due with whatever she got, it didn't matter how blessed her parents were.