[03] Where It All Begins

Vote and comment pleeeeese xx :) 

+

This is where it hurts,

This is when you learn that,

this is where it all begins, where it all begins...

                        Where It All Begins - Hunter Hayes

+

The week went by in the blink of an eye and Saturday came earlier than I expected. I'm waiting for everyone to show up while I'm sitting in my sofa, circled with bags full of food and camping necessities. I sigh when I see them coming in, without knocking, once again.

"Hey, b.itch, we're here." I hear Mark shouting and I raise my hand to let them know where I am. "What the hell are you doing here?" He chuckles while he finds me. 

"I took everything I thought we would need, from our basement." I look around me.

"Ione. It's a weekend not a whole month. We don't need all these. Just get your tent and we're okay. Everything else is settled."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? Damn you Mark." I slap my thigh and take the bag with my tent. "Where is Ben again?"

"Oh, I didn't tell you." Says Jane and takes a step forward. "He invited some of his new friends. He's with them, we're going to meet him at school."

"Why doesn't anyone inform me? Huh?" 

"Oh come on. It's not a big deal." Ashley interrupts and I sigh. "Okay, let's get over with it." We all head in the car and as usually I sit in the back of it in, between Jane and Ashley. 

"Psst... Ione." I hear Ashley whispering in my ear. The loose hair from her ponytail tickles my ear and I giggle. Everyone turns to look at me, I roll my eyes. 

"Yes, Ashley?"

"Would you mind sharing a tent with Jane?" She pleads me with those puppy brown eyes. 

"And why would I do that?" I decide to tease her a bit since it's quite boring in here. 

"Uh...Because...I..." The words struggle to get out of her mouth from embarrassment which I find rather amusing. 

"I get it. You want to be with Ben." I reassure her and her cheeks paint red. She doesn't get to reply as Mark's voice interrupts our conversation.

"Okay. Everyone get out to meet with Ben's friends and arrange our rides." He announces and we all get out. Suddenly the oxygen is knocked out of my lungs. My knees feel like jelly and I truly believe I'm going to collapse on the concrete and I'm sure that everyone can almost see my heart beating out of my chest. I feel Rachel's hand grabbing mine and pulling me towards her. 

"Ione..." She whispers in a shaky voice. "What is he doing here?"

My eyes are wide, my mouth agape and all I can feel is Rachel shaking me. "I-I don't know, Rachel."

"Are you okay?" She asks concerned. 

"I'm working on it" She doesn't say anything back  until I hear Ben, calling us all to meet them. If only he knew. Everyone exchanges handshakes and faint laughs are heard in the background. 

I look at my feet when I hear a deep voice greeting me. "Hello." I'm frozen. My head rises a bit to see a tall boy with mesmerizing green eyes and unruly sepia curls. He's even more beautiful from closer.

"Hi!" I wave awkwardly. His eyebrow rises and a genuine smile forms on his lips, creating dimples in both of his cheeks.

"What's your name?" 

"I-Ione. My name is Ione." I say in a steadier voice.

"Nice to meet you Ione. I'm Harry." He extends his hand in a handshake and engulfs my dainty, cold one. 

"I know." I say and immediately regret it. I mentally facepalm myself and wish that Rachel would be here to help me. 

"Really?" He looks confused, but handsome, oh so handsome. I swear these eyes make me melt. 

"Yeah...I mean...who doesn't know you? You're in the football team. Right?" I stutter. Right now I just wish that the ground would open and swallow me whole, I've never been so embarrassed before. 

"Okay. Unfortunately I didn't know you. Good thing I met you today then." I might have fainted if Rachel hadn't came on time. 

"Hey. What are you two doing?" 

"Oh, Hi Rachel. I didn't know you had such sweet friends. It's a shame you didn't meet us before." He says and my hand reaches Rachel's, behind my back and I pinch her so hard that she jumps. "Umm...I'm going to Mark." She says and gives me a death glare. I sigh and turn my body to Harry. 

"Lets go over there to meet the others." He says and places his hand on my waist. The blood in my veins bubbles with excitement. "Okay, these are Jason, Gus and George." He points to each one individually while mentioning their names. 

Jason has very blond hair and brown eyes. He is not very tall but not too short either. Gus on the other hand has black hair and dark brown eyes. He is tall but a bit chubby, due to this he looks like a giant next to me. Finally, George has long brown hair and dark blue eyes. I smile politely at them and shake their hands. 

"Lads, this is, Ione." He introduces me and teasing whistles erupt among the boys. I fold my arms in front of my chest in defense and I feel Harry tensing besides me. "Hey, behave." He scolds them. I hear Rachel calling my name and wave at Harry while I get back in the car. 

The trip is not that long, approximately an hour away. The route though is magical. Tall trees and crunchy leaves decorate the streets like a carpet. The sky is gloomy but the air is not that cold. everything is peaceful and for a moment, when the air hits my face, I forget about everything. Harry, Rachel, Ashley, everyone and I just admire the sight that nature provides, me with open hands. 

The car comes to a stop and everyone gets out. The boys decide to put up the tents while the girls and I take the food, table and chairs. Everyone is occupied with something. The girls are too engrossed into setting up the table that I find the opportunity to sit in a chair without them noticing me. I lie back and rest my eyes, until I hear Mark shouting which makes me fall off the chair, and sit forcefully on my bum. 

"Ben, you idiot. You ruined it. Damn it." He slaps his head and Ben tackles him on the ground. 

"Boys! Stop acting like you're five. Harry and his friends have already set up their tents." Rachel whines and Mark makes kissy faces to her. I roll my eyes and look at Harry. He has a humorous look on his face which makes me giggle. 

I'm completely smitten. 

+++

a/n: do you like it so far? Please, if you read, vote and comment. it means so much to me. 

Steph xx.