[05] Runaway With Me Pt. 2

Please vote and comment. 

+

  Up in the clouds, high as a kite, over the city, city
We never sleep, we never tried, when you are with me, with me
I wanna stay
I wanna stay here with you  

        Run away with me - Carly Rae Jepsen

+

"Harry that was terrible. Oh my God." I groan in my hands, trying to hide my enormous smile. His jokes are terrible but I somehow always find myself laughing when he tells them. I don't know if it's the way he tells them, or his expression but he never fails to bring a smile to my face. 

"Okay, okay. Last one. I bet one hundred percent that you'll laugh." He smiles hopefully at me.

"Okay, shoot." He rubs his hands in concentration and turns his body to me.

"Knock Knock." 

"No one is here." I tease him and he huffs. 

"Ione, just go with the flow." He whines. I chuckle at his desperation.

"Let's go again. Knock Knock."

"Who's there." He smiles widely at me and says.

"H."

I raise my eyebrows, but reply nonetheless, "H, who?"

"Bless you." he smirks. I look at him trying to understand the joke and then I burst out laughing at it. It took me a minute to get there but I did. Harry's eyes light up when he sees me laughing and I couldn't ask for a better reaction. I'm falling in love with him all over again. 

The light from the full moon above us makes his skin look even more pale and his eyes even more brighter, someone could easily confuse him with an angel. 

"That was really good, I admit it." I say as a shiver travels up my body. 

"Come back here." He opens his arms once again for me to nestle in them. "You know, I love the scent of the rain." He randomly blurts out.

"How so?"

"It feels like a new start. I actually love the rainy days. A lot."

"Me too. I love the chills that the cold breeze gives me. It's refreshing." I sigh as if I reminisce a past memory. 

"That's how I feel about the smell of rain. It's so different, you can't find it anywhere else, like the scent of flowers for example. It emerges only when it rains unlike flowers that you can easily find them in perfumes. The rain cleans up everything, and when the sun comes out, it's a whole new start." He says while at the same time he rubs his hand up and down my arm, trying to warm me up. 

"I never thought about that." I stare in the water. 

"That's why you meet new people. To learn new things from them. And who knows, maybe one of them will change your life, step by step." 

"I totally agree on that." I nod. He moves a bit and looks down at me. I raise my head to look at him too, our faces are inches apart, I feel my heart racing and I'm scared the he can hear it, even worse feel it. 

"On what exactly?" His breath fans my face and it takes a lot of will power not to lean up and connect our lips. 

I cough awkwardly and go back to my previous position. "On how people can change your life, step by step." I see him nodding, encouraging me to continue. "You meet someone, or see them and then you can't take them out of your mind. Everyday, you feel the need to see them, talk to them and unexpectedly they become a necessity, something like a drug. You feel the need to breathe them in until they've taken over your mind and body. And In the end, you can't live without them and you feel that if they're gone, your life has no meaning anymore."

"Wow. Ione I'm stunned." He breathes out.

"Huh...why?" I chuckle. 

"Barely anyone in our age thinks deeply and I'm very grateful that I found another exception to the rule. I don't feel alone anymore." He smiles at me and I beam at him. My heart swells with love for this boy. How can someone be so perfect? In my eyes I don't see a single flaw or imperfection. "I think we should go back." 

"No, I don't want to." I frown.

"Why?"

"Honestly? I don't quite like your friends. Except Gus of course. He hasn't even talked, poor boy he looks very shy."

"They're not really my friends. When Ben asked me to bring some friends, of course I asked my best friends first, but they all had something to do and I really wanted to come, since I went nowhere this summer. So I invited some people from the team, we're not exactly friends we just play in the same team in the afternoons. They're not even from our school." He explains to me and I look at him with raised eyebrows. 

"Oh..." I say and he laughs. 

"I have an idea." 

"What kind of idea?" I curiously ask. 

"Pull off a prank on everyone." He smiles.

"Oh, no bad idea. They're going to throw me off a cliff, covered in honey so after I die, insects can eat me.

"Did you just come up with this?" He asks with a bewildered expression.

"It's not hard to." I shrug. He then tries to make me agree. He pleads me and pleads me until I agree to his mischievous plan. We both go back to the camping place quietly. 

"You're really evil." I whisper at him and he fake frowns. I smile at him and shake my head. "Idiot." 

"Okay, untie these strings over there, and I'll untie these. Okay?" I nod and do what he tells me. After we both do what we needed to we take two chairs and some snacks as we wait for someone to wake up. 

"So what is going to happen now?" I ask and take a bite of my chocolate bar. 

"When any of them moves the tent will fall down to them, hopefully they'll scream so everyone else is going to wake up, once they move to see what happened...  BAM  the tents will fall down. And chaos will spread." He chuckles and I look at him wide eyed. 

"God." I breathe out in awe. 

"Shh...now." He puts his finger on my lips to shush me but my mind wanders elsewhere. My cheeks burn up due to the not so innocent thoughts. 

We hear a yawn coming from Ben's and Ashley's tent. One of them moves and the tent falls down. Ashley's scream pierces our ears and I laugh, then we hear Ben's booming voice. "Which f.ucker did that?" Then both Harry and I burst out laughing as we see every tent fall like a domino, and we hear screams erupt from within them. 

"I hate you, both of you." Ben points at me and Harry when he finally untangles himself from the tent. 

+++

I hope you like it, please if you read it, don't hesitate on commenting, or voting. I will love you forever.

Steph xx.