[41] Flashlight

please vote and comment xx.

+
I got all I need when I got you and I
I look around me, and see a sweet life
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
You're getting me, getting me, through the night
Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes
Can't lie, it's a sweet life
Stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
You're getting me, getting me, through the night
'Cause you're my flashlight (flashlight)
You're my flashlight (flashlight), you're my flashlight

              Jessie J. - Flashlight
+

I look at him as he drives his car. His hand holds mine on my lap. He looks ahead. Way too concentrated on the road in front of him. I glance down at our intertwined fingers and graze his hand with my thumb. A small smile forms on his lips. I lie my head back on the seat and close my eyes. Enjoying the silence.

"Will you tell me where we're going?" I laugh.

"Nope!" He pops the 'p' "It's a surprise."

I groan. "You've been planning this since we came back from Dublin."

"Exactly!"

"Harry, it's been a week!" I throw my hands in the air.

"That's why I'm not telling you anything. I've kept this for a week. I'm not ruining it now."

"But-"

"Shh..." I frown and sit back in my seat. An hour later Harry's car comes to a halt.

"Stay here." He demands before he leaves me alone in the car. His tall frame disappears into tall trees and branches. Ten minutes of boredom later he stands next to me, telling me to close my eyes.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

"What if I fall?"

"You won't!"

"How do you know?"

"Oh for God's sake, Ione! I'm here." He rises his voice. I look at him with wide eyes. We stare at each other for some seconds before Harry snorts. I burst out laughing as he bends down wiping his own tears. A smile graces his lips, I shake my head as Harry places his hands on top of my eyelids.

Electricity travels throughout my body due to his touch. I breath in slow to compose myself as my backside touches his front. "Be careful." He whispers in my ear. Goosebumps rise on my skin. I can hear the crunchy leaves and breaking twigs beneath my feet.

"Harry where are we going?"

"Just wait for a second." He breathes out. Harry stops walking and so do I. My back collides with his chest. I can feel his heartbeat going up as he holds me close him. "Open your eyes." He whispers once again while his lips, faintly touch the shell of my ear.

My eyes open slowly, adjusting to the light and I come face to face with one of the most breathtaking views. A peaceful lake lies in front of me as the orange and pink sky mirror in it. The dimming sun touches the water surface, sending its light all over the water.

My jaw almost touches the ground at the sight in front of me. Here next to the lake, stands a basket full of food and champagne. "Harry..." My voice trails off as he leans down and pecks my lips.

"Do you like it?" His wide eyes look at me with curiosity and fear written all over them.

"It's stunning." I loop my arms around his neck and bring him closer. "I love you." I whisper on his lips before I take them in mine, intertwining them in a sweet kiss.

"Shall we?" He points at the blanket lying on the ground. I sit and he soon joins me. His arms grab my waist and he makes me lie on his chest. Both of us now, facing the beautiful scenery.

The food is delicious, the sandwiches and the fruits both leave me feeling full. I look up at Harry while he sips his champagne and watches the sunset. He looks so beautiful, so peaceful. I'm so lucky I met him even after all we've been through. Heartbreaks, relationships that didn't work and tears. A lot of tears.

"What are you thinking?" He looks down at me and rises a brow.

"What am I thinking?" He scratches his chin. "How you still refuse to live with me. Entirely, everyday, all day. Have a place of our own. Our home." He smiles. I sit up and look at him stunned.

"I just think it's too early for that." I tell him honestly. "We've only been together for a week."

"But we've known each other for years. And I also love you. And I know you love me too." He points at me. "What's wrong with living together?"

"I just think it's a huge step, Harry. Can we do that? There are so many questions running around my head." Nervousness starts taking over my body as I think of the possibilities.

"What kind of questions, Ione?" He calmly asks and tucks a stray strand of hair, behind my ear.

"What if living together kills the love and the magic between us? What if we fall into a deadly for our relationship routine? What if... "

"Ione, love..." His fingers touch my chin and slowly lift my head. "Life is full of 'what ifs'. If everyone lived with 'what ifs' then we probably wouldn't have gone to the moon. Don't let these insecurities hold you back from anything. Especially our relationship." I nod slowly, understanding exactly what he means. But still I can't shake off all my insecurities in a flash.

"Ione, if you think that this relationship is a game to me, then you're wrong. I've thought these 'what ifs' before you did. Because I want this to last forever. Okay?" He wipes my tears with his thumbs. I nod while smiling at his speech. "I love you." He says and bends down to leave a kiss on my lips.

"So?"

"So?" I ask back. He desperately tries to hide a smirk.

"Will we stay together?" He chews his lip in nervousness, while waiting for my answer.

"Yes." He lets a breath of relief out but I raise my hand to stop him from saying anything. "But later this year? Okay?"

"Yes." He smiles in triumph.

"You know what? I changed my mind." His eyes widen.

"What?"

"I can't live with you Harry. What will my boyfriend say?" I say while trying to hide the smile that tries to come to the surface.

"I am your boyfriend!" He almost screams.

"I don't know. Are you?"

"Yes, obviously."

"Have you asked me?" Harry looks confused. I enjoy this way too much.

"Did I have to? I thought it was obvious. We love each other, what more do we need?" He scratches his temple. I shrug at his question. I can see him rolling his eyes from the corner of my eyes.

"Ione..." I turn my head to see him smiling sweetly at me.

"Hmm?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Took you long enough." His hands grab my waist and he lies me down. His body presses mine on the blanket.

"Is that a 'yes'?" He smirks.

"Hmm... I think so." He leans down and connects our lips. The butterflies in my stomach make me want to fly too. My hands cup his jaw as I deepen our kiss.

"I love you."

+++

Not many chapters left... Oh my God. Ksjdjsdsd

Please vote and comment.

Steph xx.