[28] Pretend It's OK

Please vote and comment.

follow the original 'Obsessed' playlist on spotify and listen to every song for each chapter or all, in order to get in the mood and into the story;

Name of the list: Obsessed fanfiction [h.s. au]

Username: stephanie.vl

+

  What would you do? What would you say?
How does it feel? Pretend it's OK
My eyes deceive me, but it's still the same
Pretend it's OK

I see the light that I'm chasing
A memory, but it's fading
And when it's gone I'll be waiting
Knowing it's too late (knowing it's too late)
You chose the road that I'm walking
Now it's your soul that I'm caught in
And you're not hearing when I'm calling
Calling your name  

                                                     Little Mix - Pretend It's OK

+

I O N E

"Hurry up, Ione." Rachel whines as I put on my shoes. 

"I'm here." I say out of breath. She beams at me and high fives me. 

"You look stunning." My friend exclaims in awe. "Can you believe that we're graduating? It's mad." She breathes out to calm her nerves. I hug her side and kiss the top of her head. 

"It's been a crazy ride, but we're still alive and breathing. So that means that our future is bright and it's waiting for us. Don't let nostalgia dampen your mood. It's a happy day. A new start." I smile and she nods, while still having that clouded facade. I guide her outside where my parents are waiting for us in their car, along with her parents. 

We reach the school and after the necessary jokes and laughs it's the time for us to receive that piece of paper we've been struggling to get for years, and I've never felt larger satisfaction than when, the smooth rolled paper, touched my hand. I feel accomplished, Even though almost everyone gets to graduate. 

I walk down the stairs and wait for everyone else to come and join me, after they've taken the coveted piece of paper. Liam, Louis, Ben, Mark and Rachel come down and they all hug me, while bouncing up and down. We continue watching the ceremony as we wait for Niall, Ashley and Jane. But as we wait, it's Harry's turn. He walks in the centre of the stage and gives a handshake to the headmaster as he takes the paper in his hands. 

He looks at me and my heart swells at the look he gives me, but it breaks at the same time as I see the dullness in his irises. I look away as he comes down the stairs and where, me and everyone else is sitting. He congratulates everyone with hugs and kisses, but when it's my turn all I hear is him cleaning his throat. I look up at him and see the expectant look in his eyes. 

"Congratulations, Ione." His rough voice rings in my ears. I swallow hard and nod. I miss him.

"Same goes to you, Harry." I smile sweetly and he leaves. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. Liam gives me a sympathetic smile and hugs me. I let myself loose in his arms, as he tightens his grip when he feels my muscles tensing. 

"Okay, everyone." Louis claps to get everyone's attention. "What about going out to celebrate?" I nod and take a look at my friends seeing that they're also agreeing. "Okay. Let's go to our homes to wear some nice clothes and I'll text you where to meet up." 

I leave everyone, along with Rachel and we start a mission to find our parents. Soon enough we find them outside the school, chatting with other parents. I roll by my parents and inform them that we have to go. We all drive home. Rachel says a temporary goodbye to me as she goes to her house. 

I climb the stairs to my room. I open my wardrobe and take out every piece of clothing I own, in order to decide what to wear. My mind is filled with ideas and combinations. Everything soon dissapears as I get a text from Niall saying that he and Jane will pick me up in ten. I quickly pick a black dress and my nude high heels. I apply some mascara and lipstick when I hear Niall's car honking outside. I roll my eyes at his impatience and head downstairs. I kiss mum and dad goodbye and get in Niall's car. I instantly greet him and Jane as he starts the car. 

"So, who's gonna be there?" 

"Oh, you know the usual people." Niall shrugs. Jane puts her palm on top of his and caresses it as he drives. I feel a pinch of jealously in my heart wherever I see happy couples, holding hands, kissing and being in love. I want that, I crave that. It's a pity that my ticket to that feeling is Harry, but the ship has sailed long ago.

We finally reach the small restaurant in the centre of town. I get out of the car and walk in the cozy looking, place. The warm atmosphere surrounds me and I smile at the feeling. I scan the room and spot a long table with Liam, Louis, Mark, Rachel, Ben and Ashley around it. I stride towards my friends and lean down to give a kiss to Ashley. I sit next to Liam and chat with him about the food in the restaurant, because it's 'delicious' as he says. 

Out of the blue, we hear the door opening and a tall girl with blonde hair, blue eyes and a very short skirt walks in. I look her up and down, raising an eyebrow. As If this isn't enough, a man walks in, behind her. Harry. 

My eyes narrow as I see her clinging to his side. Harry approaches the table and with a nervous glance, looks at everyone. Mark, tells him to sit after he gives him a hug. He and the blonde girl on his side sit next to Ben and Ashley, across from me and Liam. 

I order my food not paying much attention to Harry. I see the blonde girl speaking with Jane quite keenly. I mute them out and focus back on my conversation with Liam. "Eleonora, what would you want?" Harry asks her, kind of bored. I crack my fingers to avoid the awkwardness on the table. Everyone looks expectantly at Eleonora as she finishes her order.

"Oh, how rude. I didn't introduce myself." She smiles. Liam mutters something under his breath and I knit my eyebrows in confusion. "I'm Eleonora. Harry's girlfriend." I see Harry chocking on his water. My eyes go wide. Liam and everybody else is speechless. 

My eyes sting. I look at Harry and he has his head bowed down, not being able to look anywhere else. Louis and Niall look at me with sorry eyes. I shake my head and throw my napkin on the table. I gather my stuff and hastily get out of that place. 

I run. I run and I come across a bench at the corner of the restaurant. I sit down and let my tears stain my make-up and clothes. I feel cold raindrops falling on my skin. I let the rain to seep in my skin. I raise my head to the sky and let the happy rain, blend with my sad tears. 

I hear someone screaming my name. Soon enough, I see Louis running towards me, soaked from all the rain. "Leave me alone." I cover my face and plead him.

"I'm so sorry, Ione. I didn't know he would bring anyone. I'm sorry...I just wanted with this gesture to give you two another chance. I'm sorry." He lets his eyes to fall on the ground, looking sadly at the rain, making puddles on the concrete, 

"There's nothing between us, Louis. Let alone another chance. He doesn't love me. There's nothing else." His blue eyes are dull, full of sorrow. 

"Let me at least, get you home." I nod without much energy left. 

+++

Please leave your comments and votes

also... tell me what's your favourite thing in the story so far. I'm curious. 

Steph xx.