[09] Flaws

please vote and comment xx

+

  You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve
And I have always buried them deep beneath the ground
Dig them up - let's finish what we started
Dig them up - so nothing's left unturned  

Flaws - Bastille

+

My phone hasn't stopped buzzing since the night, I left everyone at this cafe. I haven't picked it up, not even to Harry who has called a couple of times too. The most calls have been from Rachel. She has been texting me non stop, apologizing to me for what she did. She also told me that she told Mark, what I confessed her about Harry.

"Ione, are you okay darling?" Asks mum while entering my room.

"No, mum." I say while I have my head stuffed in my pillow.

"Are you still sick?" She touches my forehead to see if I have temperature. "You don't have temperature though." She raises an eyebrow.

"But I feel like s.hit, mum. Please leave me alone." I lie.

"Okay, but you're not missing tomorrow's classes, lady. Am I clear?" She is about to close the door, but suddenly stops. "And don't talk like that!"

"Yeah, whatever." I pull the duvet over my head and scream in my pillow. I've been totally humiliated to Harry, the boys and my friends. I want the ground to split in two and swallow me whole. My mind wanders to that night's events when I hear someone tapping the glass of my window.

"Ahhh." I scream while falling off my bed, after I see Harry, being perched on the tree, just outside my window. "What the hell?" I whisper as I open my window.

"Good morning to you too." He smiles and my heart flutters. I try to keep my composure and not smile at this beautiful boy in front of me.

"What are you doing here? How did you find my house?"

"I've driven you home before. I swear your memory is something that concerns me, and I came here because you haven't been answering anyone's calls or texts. I was worried." He places his palm on my arm. My lips form a big smile and I look down trying to hide it. He has been worried about me. Me. Me out of anyone. My stomach does flips and my heart is about to fly out of my chest.

"I'm okay. You shouldn't be worried." He nods and I tell him to come in.

"That's a cute room you got  here, Ione." he chuckles at my very girly, pinkish room.

"Shut up, I hate it. My parents thought that it would be a big surprise if they painted my room...pink while I was at my grandparents' last summer." I sigh and sit at the end of my bed. I feel him sitting next to me.

"I can imagine. You hate pink." He takes a look around, until his eyes land on me.

"How do you know?"

"You told me that night at the camping. Don't you remember?" He raises an eyebrow in surprise.

"No...but you obviously do." I joke and bump his shoulder with mine.

"I told you before. I pay attention to people that intrigue me." I suddenly have the urge to feel his warm lips against mine again. I look down not to be too obvious. "Why did you leave that night?"

"It felt awkward, I suppose." I shrug.

"Just that?" He asks me curious. "You haven't showed up at school for the past two days."

"I was embarrassed, okay?" I say rather loudly. It's true though. I was embarrassed, and still am. I wouldn't dare to say to him about the thing with Rachel. No way.

"You shouldn't be. It was just a kiss. It was a dare after all." He says and my heart falls. Of course it was just a dare. Of course he didn't feel anything.

"Yeah..." I agree. "It was my first kiss." I see him smirking next to me. He opens his lips to say something, but closes them again.

"So, I had the honour of being your first kiss?"

"I guess so. It wasn't a real kiss, but still...it was a kiss."

"It was very good, for your first time." He confesses and I look at him. His face is serious. I feel heat climbing up to my cheeks. "You know...I really admire you." He says out of the blue and I look at him bewildered.

"That was random."

"I know, I just wanted to say it." He sighs. "...It's that you don't hide your flaws. You're wearing them on your sleeve. It's quite admirable. I don't thing I could ever do that." He confesses. With his voice slightly above a whisper.

"No, I'm not like that." I lie on my back in the bed. I feel him lying on his side too, his front facing me and his palm supporting his head while his elbow dips in the mattress. The sunlight coming from the window behind him, creates a luster around him. His curls look so soft and marvelous. I think I fall in love with him all over again.

"No, you are. Remember that game we played at the camping? How you stood up to George, for calling his celebrity crush, hot." He reminds me and I nod.

"I struggle to bite my tongue sometimes." I shrug.

"That's what I'm talking about Ione. You don't care what people will say about you. You just do it. I want to be able to do it too." He lets his arm to fall flat on the bed and he lies completely down next to me.

"I'm immune to criticism. I just shut everything out. I'll help you gain that trait." I promise to him and he gives me a warm smile. "And thank you."

"For what?" He chuckles.

"For saying these kind words to me. I hadn't realized how much I needed them, until I heard you saying them." I whisper and he opens his arms for me. I nuzzle in his embrace and his enormous hands engulf me in his warmth.

"You know. I consider you a very good friend of mine. I already feel like I know you for years. You are definitely one of my best friends." He admits and I smile while I have my face on his chest.

"Same." I say tiredly. The muffled words making him laugh.

+

We stay like this until midnight, Me sneaking food from the kitchen and Harry picking music on Spotify. He makes me feel peaceful, at home. We're so comfortable together that I pity the times when we didn't know each other.

"You're not serious." I laugh out loud.

"What's wrong with vanilla being my favourite flavour on ice cream?" He tries to make me stop laughing but I can't.

"Whose person's isn't chocolate their favourite flavour?"

"Oh shut up." he chuckles. "It's late." He announces.

"Yeah." My face falls and a frown covers my lips.

"I have to go. " He sighs. "Don't worry, we'll do it again." He smiles at me. "Now that I know how to get in your room." He winks and I slap his shoulder.

"Okay. Now go...quietly." I warn him.

"Good night, Ione." He tells me while he stands out of my window.

"Good night, Harry. Sweet dreams."

"I'll dream of you." He says cheekily and I giggle.

+++

please vote and comment. :( i don't see many comments lately and that makes me sad. 

Steph xx.