[21] Infinity

Please please vote and comment. It's not that hard? is it?

follow the original 'Obsessed' playlist on spotify and listen to every song for each chapter or all, in order to get in the mood and into the story;

Name of the list: Obsessed fanfiction [h.s. au]

Username: stephanie.vl

+

How many nights have you wished someone would stay?
Lie awake only hoping they're OK
I never counted all of mine
If I tried, I know it would feel like infinity
Infinity, infinity, yeah
Infinity

                   Infinity - One Direction

+

I haven't left that spot on my floor. My eyes are wide open. My tears all dry and the sun is up. But his lingering scent is still stuck in the back of my throat. I've ruined everything. Any chance that I had with him. Gone.

I look out of my window. The window he used to come in from. The sun is finally up. It seemed like this night was lasting for decades. I glance at the pale view from the glass of my window. The blazing sun is stuck behind the thick clouds making everything seem miserable, dead, colourless.

'Knock, knock' two times. I clear my throat. "Who is it?" My hoarse and broken voice comes out worse than I expect.

"It's me, honey. It's Christmas morning. It's time for the presents." My mum says rather cheerfully. 'How great!' I think to myself and sigh.

"I'm coming. Just getting ready." I slowly straighten my body and get off the cold wooden floor. I hear my mum, going downstairs. I sigh and open my wardrobe to take some decent clothes with me. I grab a pair of leggings and a sweater.

I put my ear on the door, desperately trying to make out if anyone is still in the hallway. Silence. I take that as my cue to unlock the door and step into the bathroom. I place my clothes on the toilet lid. I let my hands touch the cold marble surface of the sink. My eyes taking in the bright, white colour of it. I take a deep breath and look up. I almost can feel new tears pooling my eyes at the look of me. Bloodshot eyes, swollen face. pale complexion. I look like a ghost, or most likely to someone who hasn't seen daylight for years.

My eyes look dead, without any spark in them. I can't recognise the person I'm facing. That's not me. My eyes can't stand the view. I slowly peel my clothes off and step into the shower. I open the faucet and let the water run down my body. It's freezing cold but frankly, I feel nothing. I quietly step under it and let it fall on top of my hair. I bow my head and close my eyes. 'How does he feel after what he did? Does he feel like me?' I can't help but question myself. I bitterly laugh and shake my head at the obvious answer. 'I doubt it.'

After some minutes, still under the merciless iced water, I step out of the shower. I cover my body with a towel and my hair with another one. I brush my teeth and let the towel of my body fall on the floor. I hastily wear my clothes. I contemplate for a while on what to do with my hair. I decide to pat them dry with the towel that was covering it. I don't have the energy to do anyhting today. I just want to crawl in bed and sleep, I also wish that next morning, I will wake up and realise that all this, is a nightmare.

I take one last look at myself. "At least I look clean." I comment sarcastically to no one in particular. I take some steps downstairs when I hear a voice I haven't heard in such a long time. "Aunt Calliope?" My voice comes out high. The woman with the blonde, shoulder length hair turns around and looks at me with the biggest grin I had ever seen. I run to her and wrap my arms around her petit figure. I inhale her familiar scent. Getting my mind for a while off what I've been experiencing today.

"Oh, Ione I missed you so much." She kisses the top of my head. I hug her tighter.

"Και εγώ." (ke egò=me too) I see the smile creeping on her lips as she hears me talking.

"I see you haven't forgotten your Greek, huh?" I roll my eyes.

"How could I with this one?" I point to my mum. My aunt chuckles. "How are things in Greece?"

"Nothing has changed. Same old things. I moved though." She beams and my eyes widen.

"Here?"

"No, silly. I moved in Corfu. I love it there. It's so pretty and calming. Huge difference from Athens."

"Wow, this island is magical. I definitely have to visit you one day." She rubs my arms with her palms before saying:

"You're always welcomed. Now let's go and open some gifts. We will talk later."

The thing with the presents is that you have to act all excited and happy for anything. Even if you don't like it. But being in my place I couldn't even smile if someone got me diamonds. The only one that made me happy today is my aunt. Which I didn't know was coming.

"Why didn't anyone tell me to were coming?" We sit on my bed after all of us open in our gifts, downstairs.

"I wanted to surprise you. Aren't you happy to see me?" She frowns. I can never hide from her. She can tell when I'm a bit under the weather or not fine at all.

"No, of course I am happy."

"Then, what is going on?" She rubs my back with her palm. I close my eyes in relaxation.

"Nothing." I lie, "I might be getting down with something. Nothing to worry about."

"You know you can't fool me. Tell me. What's going on?" She caresses my hair and I find it hard, not to open up to her.

"I made a fool of myself..." I say and I can already feel the tears building up. I tell her everything, in every detail. Even what I did in Rachel's Halloween party. She is a tad shocked but then, she grins and tells me how proud she is for me. The frown on her face though says something else when I go on with my story from last night.

When I finish talking she quickly wraps her arms around me. I support myself on her frame and let the tears run freely once more.

"Sh... calm down. Everything will be fine." She cautiously whispers in my ear.

"Will it?"

"Yes, it will. Time heals everything." She sighs and lets go of me. She wipes my teary face and smiles sadly. "Get some sleep. I will tell your mum that you don't feel very well.

I nod. She kisses my forehead and exits the door. I fall back to my mattress and gaze the ceiling.
Time heals everything.

+++

Hello to everyone and Happy New Year. May 2016 be full of love and joy.

Anyways I hope you liked it.

Thoughts??

Have a lovely day xx.

Steph xx.