[08] Ready To Run

Vote and comment please xx.

  +

This time I'm ready to run
Escape from the city and follow the sun
'Cause I wanna be yours, don't you wanna be mine?
I don't wanna get lost in the dark of the night
This time I'm ready to run
Wherever you are is the place I belong
'Cause I wanna be free, and I wanna be young
I will never look back now I'm ready to run
I'm ready to run  

                                Ready To Run - One Direction

+

The week goes by so quickly. I start losing track of time. With school and my new friendship with Harry, I feel like I've lost common sense.

My walk to Rachel's though seems to take more than I thought. My mind being too preoccupied making up stories that are never going to happen, while I feel the chilly air hitting my bare arms. September came to an end, leaving behind the high temperatures and bringing back the cold. I don't complain though. I honestly hate summer. Don't get me wrong, I love waking up late in the morning and not having school, but the weather is another thing. I feel that I'm designed to survive in low temperatures. Really can't stand the heat.

I ring the bell and a giddy Ashley opens the door. "You finally came."

"Sorry, girls." I apologize and Rachel comes out of the kitchen.

"It's okay. Let's get ready. Come." She motions me to climb up the stairs, towards her bedroom.

She's the girliest girl I have ever known. She loves pink, makeup, clothes, shoes and everything that has to do with beauty.

She makes me sit on a high stall and starts doing my makeup while Ashley decides to style my hair. "Where's Jane?" I ask them, but before they can answer, a nervous Jane comes out of the bathroom.

"I need help!" She squeals and everyone turns to look at her. "The button of my trousers, broke. What am I going to do?" Her anxiety doesn't help a bit and I see her passing her hands repeatedly through her hair.

"I have a skirt that matches this shirt. It'll look great on you." I hear Rachel saying, probably thinking out loud. "Ashley, go in my wardrobe and bring me that leather, black skirt." Ashley dashes off to Rachel's wardrobe, missing up her clothes. The rest of the afternoon goes by like that. Having almost panic attacks over clothes and hair.

+

Everyone has been waiting for us, outside of McDonald's. The October air is penetrating my skin. I see Rachel running over to Mark and engulfing him in a hug, Ashley giving Ben, a kiss and Jane...Jane is checking out Niall. Who by the way, is the only one from the new group of boys that has arrived.

"Hey, Ione." He takes me in a hug and I gladly accept it, stealing some of his warmth.

"Hi, Niall. Where is everyone else?" He lets go of me and points to the parking lot.

"Louis and Liam came with Liam's motorcycle and Harry and I with his car. I left them to park and came here so you wouldn't think that we weren't there- Oh here they are." He points to the three boys, laughing while coming towards us.

"Hi, mate." Mark greets Harry and takes him in a manly hug.

"Hello everyone." Smiles Liam, but I don't pay much attention. Everything else is blurry except from one thing. Him. He somehow fills my brain and makes everything else seem not so important when he's around.

After introducing my friends to the lads, we enter the fast-food restaurant. Mark sits next to his girlfriend, same goes to Ben. Jane quickly takes the seat next to Niall, not giving anyone else the chance of sitting there. Niall gives her a warm genuine smile and I can see from where I sit, that she's flustered. Liam sits in the far end, next to the window while Louis sits next to him.