Chat [Ice-cream For Two]

"Can you believe it?" Jessica asked Jacob who was walking with her to Faulk Park.

Jacob looked at her, the hint of a smile tugging at his lips, "You don't. I? Well, seeing that you just told me-"

She reddened, "I'm sorry. I just felt it wasn't my secret to tell. You know, Megan-"

"-doesn't like me?" Now he was smiling, eyes twinkling in the sun's setting rays.

"C'mon, you know, she doesn't dislike you," she looked at him through the corner of her eyes and wondered for the millionth time, when was she going to get used to the wonder that was Jacob's smile?

"Oh really?" he questioned, still smiling.

"Yeah, she is...umm... neutral about you?" Jessica offered.

Jacob threw an arm around Jessica's shoulders and pulled her towards him, "I'll take that. As long you love me, I'm happy."

She relaxed in his arm, "Then you're in for a lifetime of happiness."

For some reason, his mind said I hope before his tongue said, "I love you." He didn't dwell on the thought as he kissed her forehead, lips lingering for seconds, as he murmured the three words.

"I love you more," she was smiling too now. It made him feel alive, to make her smile was the best feeling in the world. For the millionth time, he wondered at his luck to have this girl, this absolutely wonderful girl by his side.

A cyclist raced past them and they watched him.

"Why do you think I don't believe its Harley?" Jessica asked, as they neared the ice-cream stall.

"You had that deep frown when you mentioned him, your voice was trembling and you looked as if you ate a big bowl of cashews," Jacob answered. She was allergic to cashews-one of the many little things that he hoped to know about her. "And you got three physics answers wrong in a row. Oh and how can I forget the few hundred times you've said Can you believe its Harley?"

She nudged him playfully, "I do not talk like that."

"You do," he laughed and mimicked, "How? How can it be Harley? Howww?"

"Shut up, I totally don't talk in that voice."

"You do."

"I do not."

"You do."

"I mean, how can it be Harley? He doesn't have the feelings enough for those notes."

Jacob raised his eyebrows, "It's not often I hear you criticize someone."

"I don't like to but he is a jerk. How many times has he bullied people? He even hurt you and Aishwarya! He has no concern for other people's feelings. He never dates a girl for more than two days. I've never heard him say anything nice. He- he could not have written those notes."

"I hope you didn't say it that forcefully to Megan?"

Jessica was quiet for a few seconds and then said slowly, "She thinks it's him. She says she doesn't believe it was him but I know, okay? I know she believes it's him and she's just so happy. I told her we should wait for some more proof before we zero in on Harley. I expressed myself as subtly as possible. I didn't want to vent out my anti-Harley feelings because a) she already knows I dislike him and b) what if he really loves her? What if it is him and he's willing to change for her? And I ruin it because I'm judgmental and prejudiced?"

"You are least judgmental and prejudiced person I know," Jacob told her seriously. "And I think you're right. Megan should have some definite proof before she jumps at Harley."

"Yeah," Jessica replied in a low tone.

"Now can we buy some ice-cream?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"That's such a dispirited answer. I'm supposed to be the one with short replies and perpetual frowns."

She shook her head and smiled, "You're not and I am happy for that."

Yes, he loved to make her smile.

"A choc-chip cone and a vanilla cone," Jacob ordered while Jessica fumbled in her pockets for money. She never let him pay for her. Meanie.

Soon, they were walking back home, the orange of a sunset behind and the blue of the sky before its totally dark ahead.

"Ew, how do people even eat vanilla ice-cream?" he shuddered at his ice-cream.

"Who told you to buy it?" she replied, happily licking her choco-chip one.

"Let's trade," he said, trying to grab hers.

"Nope," she laughed raising the ice-cream above her head.

He was using his height to reach for it now. She ran ahead, "You can't catch me."

He caught up with her soon enough, "One lick?"

"Nah," she said, enjoying her ice-cream.

He pulled her close and not caring if passers-by thought them crazy, kissed her deeply and passionately.

They looked at each other shyly when they broke apart until Jessica said, "God, the things people will do for choco-chip ice cream."

[ omg I want a Jacob too now. Asdfghjkl, he's so amazing, awww :')

hope you all enjoyed this #jacessica chapter because I absolutely loved writing it. more #marley to come (how do you people even think up these fabulous ship-names?). Marley, Marley, MARLEY, yup I definitely like it.

gosh, I'm too fangirl-y to be a writer.

please, please vote and comment, I want to know what you thought of this chapter esp. because I worked hard to put all those #jacessica references in and I might have cried too many happy tears on this :')

ilyall

afternote: wattpad removed the italics for this chapter and omg they were so important gahhh, put them back now. wish i had realized and italicized sooner. i know how to spell italicized? wow.]