Chat [Truth]

Chat [Truth]

"So, I'm not asexual..." Megan half-wondered.

"No," echoed Connor and Jessica in tired voices.

Jacob rolled his eyes, "Is that a question? Because this is probably the fiftieth time you've asked that since last night. What prompted this existential crisis?"

Megan gave a warning look to both Connor and Jessica who knew about the Harley episode. When she had called them last night, they had had varying reactions. She had called Connor first and after convincing him that she was alright and confirming that it was not a mortal emergency, he had firmly told her that she was not asexual if she didn't want to sleep with Harley. He had sounded kind of miffed about it. Probably didn't like being woken up in the middle of the night.

After he had softened a bit, they had talked about, well, she didn't really remember what all they had talked about. It was nice, just talking, about everything and yet nothing in particular. They had definitely talked about mountains and pinecones at one point, and snow and bike rides and the fact that Connor wanted to leave town the minute he graduated.

He was much more open when he was half-asleep. He giggled a lot too. He sang "Can't Buy Me Love" at one point and then he just trailed off and fell asleep. He was one hell of a crazy dude.

Megan had laughed softly and whispered, "Good night."

Then, not wanting to wait till the morning she had called up Jessica. Jess was wide-awake, studying for some test she had for one of her AP classes. After loudly exclaiming about Harley's visit and lecturing Megan on unsafe and dangerous open windows, she had proceeded to tell Megan that even she didn't want to sleep with Harley either but that didn't mean she was asexual too because the idea of sleeping with Jacob...now, that was totally fine to her.

After making puking noises at the image of her best friend with sourpuss Jacob, Megan had agreed to see sense.

That had been the first batch of phone calls. Megan had tried to sleep but then she started wondering about the existence or non-existence of her secret admirer. She mentally cringed at having to use the phrase. It was stupid. But there was the fact that someone out there had liked her enough to write those amazing notes to her but then he or she had stopped.

Why?

It bothered her more than she let on that one fine day, she had stopped receiving those notes. A part of her couldn't help but think that her admirer had, well, lost his admiration for her. It hurt to come to terms with the fact, Sometimes, it felt as if everybody had somebody but her. Megan Thirdwheel Jackson. They could write it on her tombstone.

So now she had no one who would send her sweet notes and she had let Harley know by her silence that she wasn't exactly enamoured by him. And of course, I might be asexual. Great.