Chat [Partners In Crime]

[Wonders of wonders. Is that an update?]

Chat [Partners In Crime🕶]

"That is your plan to get back at Harley?" Connor asked incredulously. "That sucks."

"Are you on my team or not?" Megan arched an eyebrow. "Because let me tell you my team always wins."

He sighed, "I'm always on your team, Megan...even if I don't want to."

She squealed and hugged him, "Yay, Connor, you're the best."

He was taken aback and gulped, heart racing a million miles per hour, too shocked to even hug her back. All he could do was stand awkwardly as she she stepped back and continued to speak, his emotions, as always, unknown to her.

"...and of course it'll work. Everyone has secrets. When I went on that date with Harley there was something going on with his father. What if Harley has a prison record or something?"

Connor shook his head. This girl didn't give up.

"Maybe he stole somethings valuable or maybe he murdered someone! Connor, do you think Harley is capable of murder?"

Of murdering my chances with you? Hell yes. He shrugged, "I don't think so."

She ignored his half-hearted response, "He's bound to have some dirty little secret and I'm going to find it. I just need to get close to him. Now I know it sounds hopeless because he has zero interest in me but c'mon how bad can getting close to someone be?"

He gave her a look.

She patted his shoulder, "You worry too much. Have you seen you've started getting dark circles and your left eye is kind of twitchy. Haha, just kidding it's not twitchy."

"I still don't know where I come into this. In case you haven't noticed, Harley despises me," he said, pulling his beanie lopsidedly.

Megan gave him a huge smile, "You're going to tell him I still like him."

"No."

"Yes."

"In case, you haven't noticed your boyfriend bullies me."

"He's not my boyfriend ew..." Megan's eyes softened, "And we'll take our revenge together."

"I don't want revenge," he looked away.

"Just talk about my feelings to-to...umm...Jacob? Yeah, talk about my so-called feelings for Harley with Jacob but don't tell him about our plan. He'll go blab to Jessica and then I'll be asked to lay off on the grounds of morality or something. She's too innocent for this world but I'm not," she grinned evilly, mentally apologising to her best friend. "Anyway, just see to it that Harley overhears this. Make him think I'm interested I'll do the rest."

"Okay. I still don't like the idea of you getting close to him."

"Aww," she pulled his cheek playfully. "You jealous?"

He spluttered, reddening, "Uh-what do-uh...!"

She laughed at his state, "Don't worry. Harley played with me and now I'm going  to return the favour. By the way, stop looking so devastated, I'm not going to torment you anymore. Have an awesome Calculus class."

He waved at her retreating form. Why can't I just say it? Why? What stops me? He closed his eyes and shivered, everything.

Later that day during recess, Connor was listening to Jacob rant about life, "Jessica is so busy these days and I want to take her out on a date but then she's got college applications to fill, scholarships to try for, working at the vet...Am I being selfish in thinking about a date when she's studying? I am right? I'm just really nervous because I'm pretty sure when the year ends and she goes to college we'll get separated because there's no way I'll get into the same college of brainiacs as her. To top it all, I don't even know what I want to do. I'm just randomly filling applications but there's got to be something that I want to do, that I can do, that's made for me, right?"

Connor caught sight of Harley walking towards them, no doubt to pass some remark about him or Jacob. This is my chance. He blurted out, "MeganstilllovesHarley."

"What?" Jacob frowned.

"Megan still loves Harley," he repeated, a little better this time.

Jacob thundered, "Have you even been listening to what I'm saying?"

Connor saw Harley prick his ears at their conversation. His face betrayed no sign that he was listening but his pace had slowed down as if he was biding time and listening. His cronies were talking but he wasn't replying to them.

"I...I saw her crying at the bakery yesterday," Connor free-styled. "It took a lot of coaxing but she admitted that she....umm...she'd really loved Harley, she'd even imagined a whole future with him, named their future children and all." Connor could have patted himself for his lying skills. "To know that Harley was just playing with her broke her heart."

Harley, meanwhile, was openly ignoring his friends and listening to Connor. His expression wasn't blank anymore, it was indescribable. He looked confused and something....thoughtful?

But Jacob looks at Connor sceptically, "Megan never loved that jerk. She just liked the idea of having a secret admirer which, by the way, you should seriously think-"

Connor groaned mentally. Don't spoil the act, Jakey! "She's forgotten about the secret admirer. All she cares is Harley."

His best friend looked sympathetically at him, "That's not true."

"It is," Connor said forcefully, his scripted words still managing to hurt him. "She's never going to admit it but she still likes Harley. She's always going to like Harley."

Harley turned around  suddenly and walked away, ignoring the queries of his friends. Megan watched his tightened jaw and deep frown from behind a group of people and giggled.

Connor walked discreetly towards her and was greeted by a cheery, "That was awesome, partner. You could have been an actor!"

"That was all an act?"

[hellloowww. shit it's been weeks. i suck, i know.

So, I don't know if you guys saw my message board but the college fest was a success and it went well. I haven't been able to write much after it because I found it difficult to get back in the groove especially when assignments and research got heaped on me (wow, thanks, college).

But here I am, just a girl standing in front of her readers (Notting Hill quote much?), asking them to forgive her for the really late update. Sorry baes. I'll do my best to get writing regularly again.

Alsozzz, anybody with a birthday this month?

P.S. I haven't slept in so long, I look like a Cullen which sucks *cackles at her pun*

pliss pliss vote, comment, follow, I'm desperate lol]