Chat [Love Me]

Chat [Love Me]

Megan was utterly, inexplicably miserable when she came for work to the Bakery. School had been torturous. Even though she had had Jessica at her side nearly every second of the day, providing moral and physical support, complete with words of how awesome Megan was, nothing could shake off the feeling of being whispered about from her mind.

It was true that most people were scared of Megan to say anything to her or laugh in her face but there were people who audibly snickered and nudged each other when she passed them. At least four times at different intervals she had head "Harley" being whispered from behind.

And, of course, she had met Harley. She hadn't met him behind the auditorium as he had invited but they had crossed paths in Political Science and if Jessica hadn't restrained her, Megan would have clawed off that grin from his face. Bloody joker.

He actually had the nerve to call her out after the class which led to a thousand excited whispers because, apparently, Megan's love life was fast rivaling popular tv shows in terms of gossip generation.

"Hello, Melissa," Mrs. Braganza looked up from her register. "Connor is in the kitchen cleaning the vessels you left dirty yesterday so help him finish with that and then you can start teaching him a batch of muffins?"

Megan gave her a loathsome look and stomped to the kitchen. Why did they have to hire a rookie? A rookie who was from her school. She couldn't bear being reminded of the Harley Episode outside school and prayed that Connor wouldn't breach the subject.

She pushed open the door and was immediately greeted with a loud rendition of The 1975's "Love Me".

It was Connor Trent, earphones plugged in, eyes closed and lips blasting out lyrics, as he swept the floor in a ridiculous. Unconsciously, Megan found herself smiling for the first time that day. He actually had a pretty good voice. She nodded her head in tune and looked around the kitchen. It was nearly clean.

"Hey," she called out to him.

He continued to sing, unaware of her presence. She shook her head and walked up to him, pulling out the earphones abruptly. He opened his eyes and finding her this close, out of the blue, screamed, "ITS YOU!"

She put her hands to her ears but it was too late. Her eardrums were crying after being hit by his loud scream. "Yeah, its me," she said. "No need to kill my sense of hearing."

"You scared me," he mumbled.

Megan shrugged, "Sorry. Umm, where's my tiered cake?"

He looked sheepish, tugging at his beanie, "I might have gifted it to those homeless people at the Phoenix Centre..."

She stared.

"I'm sorry, okay? I thought it was going to get wasted so..."

She seemed at a loss for words and finally said, "You're apologizing? That's such a wonderful idea! Why didn't I think of it? Usually when I have to cook to let some steam off, Jessica and I have to finish it and yet, some goes to waste." She stopped and looked suspiciously at him, "Are you generally so sweet and thoughtful?"

He blushed to pink, red and maroon and spluttered, "A-are you generally so appreciative?"

She looked impressed, "I like you better here." She clapped her hands, "Okay, let's finish this and then we can start with those muffins."

He added mentally, "I like you too."

[ I need inspiration for this story so please vote and comment because you guys encourage me like no one else.

Also, #CONGAN preparing to sail!

Note that college has started and I have the world's load on my hands so updates will become weekly (biweekly if I'm inspired).

Promo alert: check out my collab account cristiano- meanwhile?

Thanks, baes, ilyall.

p.s. whoever sent that lovely anon note for me at @justanote 's campaign, thank you and ily (I replied better there) ]