Chat [Watch Your Step]

Chat [Watch your step]

Connor walked into Croissant: The Bakery with his little sister holding his hand. From the slightly peeling "Help Wanted" poster to jolly yet unnerving Mrs. Braganza behind the counter everything looked pretty much the same. He hoped Megan was there.

"Connor, can I have a pink cupcake please?" Jules asked her brother, tugging at his sleeve while pointing towards the rows of cupcakes behind the glass.

"Yeah, I'll buy one for you in a moment but first..." he reminded.

"I have to say thank you," the girl nodded, excitedly.

Mrs. Braganza asked, "And what can I offer you two, today?"

"Jules will have a Blueberry Almond cupcake please," Connor said, pointing to the one.

"Martha," Mrs. Braganza shouted this time.

Connor stifled a laugh. It looked like the owner still didn't remember Megan's name.

Megan came out of the kitchen, scowling at the world, "Yes?"

"One Blueberry Almond."

"Hey, Megan," Connor tried to say it calmly but came out as a slight gasp.

"Hey, Megan," mimicked Jules, trying to jump so that Megan could see her too.

Megan leaned over the counter slightly and smiled at Jules, "Who do we have here?"

Jules was overjoyed to have been noticed, "Jules Trent but you can call me Batman."

"Okay, Batman," Megan addressed the little girl in a serious tone. She looked towards, "And who is your companion?"

Jules answered, "He is called Connor by mortals but among superheroes he's Robin."

"Robin?" Megan looked at Connor with a smile.

Connor groaned, "C'mon, Jules, I thought we decided I was going to be the Flash."

"No way," Jules put her hands on her waist. "You're Robin. We are a team."

"Yeah, Robin, listen to the girl," Megan said in a teasing tone making Connor's ears pink. She handed over the packed cupcake to Jules.

"Uh, Megan, Juleswantedtosaysomething," he said in a rush.

Megan looked at him, confused.

"I-I mean, Jules wanted t-to say something to you," he tried again. Only two stutters, that was improvement, right?

"Is she the one?" Jules asked her brother.

"Yeah," he whispered. He wished talking to Megan was just as easy as talking to everybody else but it wasn't. What with his heart threatening to break through his ribs and all...

The little girl looked at Megan, she wasn't shy, unlike her brother, "Thank you, Megan, for sending me a cupcake for my birthday. I have something for you."

"You have?" the elder girl was surprised. "I mean, it was nothing really. Belated happy birthday, Batman."

"Batman" liked that she had been addressed by the right name and she pulled out a crumpled blue paper. "Thanks again," she said.

Megan looked at Connor before taking the card. Yes, it was a thank you card. The ruled blue sheet had been doubled over to make a haphazard yet cute card. There was picture of a cupcake in crayon on the front and a huge "Thank You" on the inside.

"Thanks," Megan said. "This is wonderful."

When Batman and Robin walked out of the bakery both were happy. Batman was already munching on her cupcake while Robin was all smiles.

"She's nice, right?" Connor asked Jules.

"Mhmm," she said through the cake.

Connor looked back at the bakery, at the peeling poster, at the form of Megan wiping the counter and took a breath, "I'll be back in a sec, Jules. There's something I got to do. Wait here."

[sorry i've been late with this update. 

i have my exams in a week approx and i'm trying my best to at least read all the novels/plays because otherwise i'll be in deep trouble. still, i know i can't leave you guys waiting so its late right now and i'm half-asleep but i decided i'll write this and update so ta-da!plus, NEW COVERS! opinions please?

see, see, he's doing something. CONNOR IS DOING SOMETHING OH YAS. gosh, megan don't you remember the colour of one of your chits though!? blue and ruled...such a big hint, gurl.

#congan a little? 

please, please vote+comment, your support encourages and inspires me <3

 ilyall ;)]