Chapter 23

Chapter 23 - Please, be mine.

AUDREY'S POV

"Go~ VIPERS!!"

The crowd cheered alongside with us in front of our school, one by one, the varsities made their way inside the school bus, waving to anyone they know, my eyes find its way across the streets, a smile creeps in, there she is talking and laughing with her friends, it didn't take long when she looked at my direction.

TAYLOR'S POV

I was at the other end of the road right across our school and watching the send-off for the football team with the basketball team to compete at inter-high with my friends, god I missed them so much, the past 3 days was hell dealing with Damian and other grown up stuff's that I'm dealing with.

"You can do it T.K, beside's I know your father and your brother are helping you to cope up," said Sara who's leaning against Dean car.

"And if that doesn't work out, burn your grandpa's building. I'll help you." Paul jokingly said that make us four laughs.

"Yeah, still... I have a lot of plans before, you know, really getting into it." That's my cue to look at Audrey, wearing a cheerleader uniform that I find totally sexy. I smiled.

"So... are you two officially together?" Dean asked.

I wish we were, but some circumstances prevent me from pursuing her, smiling as I watch Audrey do her thing. "No, and I don't think that there will ever be 'us'..." I admitted that does hurt, coming from me.

"I can't believe you've just said that..." hearing Sara said it with a disappointing tone makes me ask her..

"Why so supp

"T, we're in the twenty-first century now! We won't stone you to death or be ashamed of you, liking the same gender-" Sara cut's Paul.

"We like the way your eye's lit up whenever she's around you, we're content knowing she could bring out the other side of you... we couldn't ask for more. As long as you're happy, we're happy to" Sara said, I looked at them and saw the way they were smiling.

"God, I'm so lucky to have you guys as my very! Very best friend..." really I am lucky, I mean I've been gone for almost 10 years, yet they didn't change the way we were. Group hug!

"But really, any plans on dating the school queen anytime soon?" Sara, I smiled and said.

"I don't know Sara, things are quite difficult right now with Damian... and if... if I let things between me and Audrey got deeper, one of us will just get hurt along the way and I don't want that to happen..." I said, not really explaining why.

"Taylor King is chickening out!" Paul shouted I chuckled in 

"T.K. It doesn't matter who will get hurt in the end, at least you've tried, we all get why you're scared... Being With the school queen plus the only daughter of our mayor... that's scary, but please! Stop being so grounded! You're a king for crying out loud! For once, let your ego play's in." Sara said ending it with a matter of fact tone.

" Yeah, bring your A game T.K! I wanted to see you do your thing! Ha-ha! You know... how Taylor King will swoon the most popular girl in our school, besides you of course" Paul said winking at me.

Soon, they'll eventually know why, and when that time comes, I hope I still got their back and a shoulder to cry on. I excused myself to them to approach Audrey, and of course, Paul is there to cheer me shamelessly. Ha-ha.