Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: I wrote this book a long time ago (when I was 16) and it shows. This is not a good book, but I think it's important I keep it up because I remember being really proud of it at the time. It has tons of spelling and grammatical errors, it's cringey, and insanely stereotypical. Not everything you do is going to be amazing, and that's okay. I hope everyone can look back at stuff they used to do and laugh at how shitty it is because that means you're growing. Enjoy!

Chapter 1

I sit here, in what seems like the hottest waiting room on planet earth, waiting to audition for a movie that I probably have no chance at.

It wasn't like I had never acted before, but movies were a whole lot different than TV or a cat food commercial. You can't jump from a cheesy sitcom to an A-list film in the blink of an eye without some sort of humiliation.

I'm bitting on my nails until they're reduced to stumps, but it doesn't help the constant shaking in my leg, or how it seems I'm hanging on to my audition slip for dear life, crumpling it to death.

Why do I need to sign up for one of the biggest movies of the year? Even the director was a child prodigy. People say that he filmed and produced his own birth, and if that's the case I should just leave now.

Suddenly, I see a lady that makes my stomach do backflips. A sweet looking blonde-haired lady gestures me to the audition room. Her eyes are innocent and kind, as I stared into them silently praying she will ask me to leave and never come back. She was wearing a pale green pencil skirt, and a button down blouse, and her hair in a neat bun.

I slowly stand up, my legs feeling like jelly. I drag my Chucks against the multi-colored carpet. I walk in and immediately scope out the room, enjoying my last sane moments. It was really bland. The walls had no paint, no pictures, nothing. Somehow it added to the pressure of the audition. Zoning in on me, like the walls were focusing on the only splash of color, which was unfortunately my lavender t-shirt.

I take a deep breath and start to speak. "Hi, my name is Samantha Jackson, and I will be auditioning for the role of Amelia Smith." I said in the steadiest voice I could manage.

I closed my eyes, and pushed all my negative thoughts away. I didn't have a hard time remembering the lines at all. I literally spent two weeks obsessing over them until they were etched into my brain. I was pretty sure I began reciting them in my sleep.

My mind worked like a machine. Gears and switches in brain told me what to do, and I did if. To my surprise people actually liked it. As soon as I started, everything just came naturally, like instinct. All the worry washes away, and I feel myself connect with the character I'm portraying.

The lines starting flowing out of me and I saw the casting director's faces light up. I poured my heart and soul into what I was saying and doing.

"Amanda. There is no way I can win him back. I have no other choice," the sweet blonde lady said the other character's lines in monotone, switching role's every scene.

My brain worked as I spat out the lines, and I got surprisingly positive feedback.

"Wow, very impressive! You are obviously very talented." A lady with Ariana Grande red hair, said happily. She was clapping extremely fast for such a small woman as she was incredibly thin. You could tell she has had a lot of work done on her body, which wasn't abnormal in Los Angeles.

She was wearing a beautiful dress that looked like it was worth a fortune, and was dripping in expensive jewelry. She was gorgeous. I was instantly envious of her looks, although I wasn't sure most of her beauty was naturally hers.