Chapter 7

Going to get coffee with Ed was fun. He was so nice. He even paid for my coffee even when i said he didn't have to. What a guy. Much better than Johnny. I was still shaken up a bit from what he did to me earlier. That was so wrong. I feel so guilty.

I dropped off Ed at his apartment and drove back to mine, beating my curfew (Terrell wanted me home before 7pm).

Once i got Georgie from Shelia, i walked up to my apartment and unlocked the door. Terrell was sitting in the living room on the couch, watching tv. When i saw him, i remembered what happened with Johnny which made me feel sick.

"Hi Jasmine," he said with a smile. I knew something was up. He only smiled when he wanted something from me.

"Hi baby," i said. I quickly fed Georgie and put him to bed. I returned to the living room and sat next to him.

"How was work?" he asked which suprised me. Wasn't he mad about that? Did he know something?

"Uh...it was good. I made a few friends," i said.

"Oh really?" he asked.

"Yeah..." i said tensely. We were quiet for a few moments.

"So, do you maybe want to...have a little fun tonight?" asked Terrell.

I knew it. He wanted sex. Well, too bad. He could beat me all he wanted. I'm not doing anything tonight.

"No, i'm good," i replied.

His smile turned back into his usual scowl.

"Why not?" he asked.

"I'm just tired. I just want to write some music and go to bed," i said.

"Well, i want to have sex," he said.

"Well, too bad. I don't want to and you can't make me," i said, regretting it.

He slapped me and forced himself on me.

"Stop it!" i screamed.

"Shut your stupid ass up!" he barked back.

He unbuckled his belt and threw it off.

"Terrell, don't do this!" i cried.

"I said shut up!" he yelled.

I started crying as he took his jeans off and started trying to take mines off.

"You better get off me! I will call the police!" i screamed with tears running down my face.

He stopped and looked at me, his eyes full of anger and control. That's all they ever were full of now.

"Police? Police?! Call the police on me and i'll kill you!" he yelled.

I could feel his bump against my leg. It was sick how seeing me scared and in pain excited him. I had to get away from him!

"Just stop!" i begged as he threw my jeans off. He stared at me for what felt like minutes. I don't know if he felt bad or what but he got off me. I was extremely relieved. I picked up my jeans and slipped them back on.

"Here's what you can do since you don't want to mess around or cook dinner..." he picked up my purse and threw it to me. I caught it.

"...get the hell out of here and buy me some dinner," he said.

I left as quick as i could. I didn't want to be in a room with him for any longer. As i walked back down to my car, i cried. I couldn't believe what he had just tried to do. Ridiculous.

I drove to a McDonald's that was 10 minutes away and went inside to order his food. I didn't want anything. I wasn't hungry anymore.

As i walked out the restaurant with his food and began to walk to my car, i saw someone who caused my heart to jump. He was smoking a cigarette with a blond woman who was standing next to him. It was Johnny. And Amber. Oh shit.

Johnny's pov

After 2 drinks at the bar, i returned home. I was ready for dinner. But Amber had forgot to tell the cooks to cook dinner. So now, i was hungry. I decided we could always go to McDonald's for dinner.

After a few burgers and fries, we decided to go outside and smoke a little. As i was just now taking my 4th drag (Amber had hogged the cigarette for a few minutes), i saw Jasmine. She was carrying a bag of food and her purse. She was wearing the same outfit from earlier except now, it looked a little moved around and wrinkled. I wondered why.

I also noticed how sad she looked. Something must have happened. I wanted to make her feel better. But i couldn't. Amber was here. She noticed me and suddenly looked nervous and scared. I must have really freaked her out earlier.

Jasmine's pov

Great, now i had to walk past them since my car was in front of them. I tried to hide my face even though i knew Johnny had saw me.

"Hey, Jasmine," said Johnny.

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

"Hey, Johnny," i said and continued walking until i reached my car. I got in. Before i started the car, i looked at him. He was staring. I stared back for a little before starting the car and taking off.

Johnny's pov

"Baby, who was that?" asked Amber.

In my mind i replayed the expression on her face as she walked by. She looked and sounded so upset. I needed to know why. But first, i needed to apologize to her.

"Baby?" asked Amber.

"Yeah?" i replied.

"Who was that?" she asked again.

"Oh um...she was just a co-worker," i said, "she's making the score for Tim's film."

"Oh," she said. I knew she was a little jealous. "How old is she?"

"23," i said.

"Wow, she's young," she said.

"You're in your 20s too," i replied.

"Oh shut up!" she said playfully. She kissed me. I kissed her back.

"Come on, let's go home," she said with a giggle. She started to walk back to our car. As i followed behind her, i thought about Jasmine again. Is it wrong if i said i liked her?