Chapter 14

12:47am

My mom parked in front of the garage at her house (she had two cars, one was in the garage) and turned off the car. I got out with my suitcases. I walked up to the front door. I haven't been here in 3 years. I was happy to be back.

My mom unlocked the door. I walked in.

"Oh, i forgot to mention-" before my mom could finish, i saw a man with grey hair come out the hallway that the bedrooms were in. He was in a grey robe.

"Who's this?" i asked.

"I meant to tell you. This is Phil. A friend of mine," she said.

I stared a him in shock. Was she kidding? I couldn't believe she was dating again! Her and my dad had been married for almost 20 years! She was almost in her 60s! What was she thinking?

"Nice to meet you," he said. He held a hand out to me, expecting me to take it and shake it. I didn't. I just stared.

"Sorry, she's a little messed up right now. Her abusive fiance just threw her baby off a balcony," said my mom.

"That's awful," he said.

I wouldn't stop staring at him. I already hated this man.

"Um...maybe you should go get some rest," said my mom.

I looked at her and then back at him.

"Okay," i said. I walked down the hallway to my old room. I turned on the light, walked in and closed the door. I unpacked my clothes and put them in my dresser. The only thing i didn't put in the dresser was the green blanket. I put it on my bed. I sat down on my bed after. Well, i guess i needed to call Tim. I couldn't go to work. I dialed his number. He answered after 4 rings.

"Hello?" he said.

"Tim? Um hi this is Jasmine," i said.

"Jasmine? Hi. May i ask why you called so late?"

"Well there was a emergency tonight...a personal emergency and i just don't think i'll be able to work later on."

"I'm sorry Jasmine but you have to come to work. We have a deadline, remember?"

"Yes...i know. I just wanted a day off for some rest. I'm really going through a lot right now."

"Alright, here's what i'll do. I'll let you get off work a hour earlier."

"That's it?" i asked sadly.

"Yes. That's the most i can do for you."

I sighed.

"Okay, fine."

I hung up the phone. Now i had to go to work. I don't see how things could just change for the worst so quickly.

I didn't even bother to put on any pajamas. I just threw off my clothes and slept in my underwear (because when your baby is in the hospital in critical condition and your now ex boyfriend is after you, you don't really care about pajamas.).

I took the blanket and held it. I cried myself to sleep.

8:31am

I woke up. When i saw the time, i didn't really care if i was late. I got out of bed slowly, brushed my teeth slowly, showered slowly and got dressed slowly. I decided to wear all black because who cares about matching colors? I didn't do anything with my hair. I just left it how it was (half straight, half curly and a few stray strands standing up).

"Mom, can you drive me to work?" i asked. She was sitting at the small table in the kitchen, drinking tea. She didn't like coffee.

"Work? I thought you were asking to get the day off," she said.

"I did but i couldn't get it off. Instead, i get off a hour earlier," i said.

"Jasmine, you look terrible. How about you let me talk to him?" she asked.

"Mom, just take me. I'm going to be late," i said.

She stood up and poured out the rest of her tea.

"Fine, let's go," she said.

She picked up her keys and we left.

9:24am

Johnny's pov

It has been a slow morning. Since i don't have to be in any scenes, i just watched my co-stars do their scenes. I noticed as Tim was directing he looked stressed out. What about?

When my co-star messed up her line, Tim yelled cut.

"Alright, everyone take a 5 minute break!" he said. I walked over to him.

"What's wrong? Why are you so stressed?" i asked him.

"Jasmine! She's late!" he said.

I know it's kind of dumb but i was worried. Was she okay?

Jasmine's pov

My mom pulled into the parking lot.

"Call me when you need me to come get you," said my mom.

"Yeah, okay," i replied. I got out the car and walked into the studio. As i walked down a hall, i ran into Ed.

"Hi Ed," i mumbled.

He looked freaked out.

"Jasmine, what's wrong? You look awful!" he said.

"Nothing," i said.

His freaked out look turned into a small smile.

"Well if you say so," he said.

I began to walk again.

"Oh, one more thing!" said Ed.

"What is it?" i asked annoyed.

"Tim wants to talk to you. He's in the set room," he said.

Oh great. Now i had to deal with a angry boss. I walked to the familiar large door that led to the set room and opened it.

Johnny's pov

I saw the door open. It revealed Jasmine. She looked terrible. I knew something had happened. She walked over to me and Tim.

"Jasmine, where have you been? Do you know how late you are?" asked Tim.

"I just had a rough morning," she mumbled.

"Look, do you want this job or not?" he asked.

"Yes, of course!" she said.

"Well stop coming late then! As i said to Johnny, you can't let your personal life get in the way of work," he said.

I noticed she was avoiding my eyes. Why? Was she mad at me? I couldn't see why she would be. I didn't do anything to anger her.

"Please just get to work," said Tim.

She walked away.

"What is her problem?" he asked.

"I don't know. But i'm going to find out," i said.