Chapter 21

I was in me and Terrell's apartment again. No one was around. It was dark. I tried to turn on the lights but they wouldn't work.

"Hello?" i called out. No one answered. What was going on?

I heard a baby cry from the balcony. Georgie!

There was Terrell, holding Georgie by his arm.

"Don't let go!" i tried to say but nothing came out.

"What?" asked Terrell.

"Don't let go of him!" i tried to say it again. Nothing.

"Let him go?" he asked.

"No!" i tried to say.

Terrell smiled. And he dropped Georgie. I watched as Georgie plunged to the ground and let out a inaudible scream. The real memory from when Georgie really fell flashed before my eyes.

"AH!" i screamed, jolting awake. I felt tears running down my cheeks. My whole body was shaking. What a awful dream.

I heard the doorbell ring. Someone was here. But who? I walked to the door and looked through the glass triangles in the middle of it. Oh no.

Johnny. No, no, no, no, no!

"Jasmine?" he called.

I didn't answer. I just stood at the door.

"Jasmine, i know you're there. I can see you through the door," he said.

"Go away," i said.

"No, i need to talk to you," he said.

"Well, i'm not going to open the door so you might as well give up," i said.

He let out a chuckle.

"I have always loved that stubborn side of you," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Just get the hell out of here," i said coldly.

"Jasmine. Please, just hear what i have to say," he said.

I was so mad at him. The last person i wanted to see was him. But if i didn't answer the door, he would just keep bothering me!

I slowly opened the door. When he saw me he looked a little scared.

"Jasmine. You look...awful," he said.

"Yeah, well maybe if you lose a baby, are being threatened by your ex and quit your job, you wouldn't look too hot either," i said.

"I'm sorry. It's just that you look so different. You're so pale and shaky and your face is puffy and red. And why are your hands bandaged up?" he said

"Okay, is that all you wanted to say because if it is, you can go n-"

"No, i haven't even gotten started yet," he said.

I sighed.

"Please, let me come inside," he said.

"No," i replied.

"Jasmine, please-"

"No, no, no!" i yelled.

He stared at me for a few moments.

"Jasmine, i'm sorry. I'm so sorry," he said.

"Sorry for what?" i asked.

"I'm sorry for not taking your side. I just didn't want to lose Amber," he said.