Chapter 22

My mom and Phil entered and looked at us. Johnny and i stood up. My mom looked confused.

"Are you Johnny Depp?" asked mr stupid suit.

"Yeah, he is," i replied.

My mom saw the frames and walked over to them. She kneeled down. When she realized i had destroyed the pictures, she looked at me. I looked back blankly.

"Are you kidding me right now?! Are you serious?!" she yelled.

I scratched my head and looked down.

"How dare you destroy these pictures? Do you know much it cost us to pay for this photoshoot?!" she asked.

"It's not that big of a deal," i said.

"Not that big of a deal? God, what is wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?" she asked.

"Yep. I'm pretty sure i have. And so have you. Considering the fact that you're marrying a old piece of shit," i said.

She slapped me. I tried to hit her back but Johnny held me back.

"Don't you ever hit me again!" i yelled.

"Is there any other damage that you've caused?" she asked.

"Yes, come look at our room!" cried Phil from the hallway.

As soon as my mom entered her room, she screamed.

"That's it! That's is it! Get out of my house! Pack you crap and get the hell out!" she yelled.

"So, you're just going to kick me out?!" i yelled.

"Yes! I gave you shelter, and this is how you repay me? Get out!" she yelled.

"Glad to. I don't think i could stand another minute in this house," i said.

Me and Johnny went into my room and packed my things. When i had everything, i walked out of my room and went to the front door. Before we left, Phil stopped us.

"Jasmine, maybe it would be best if you just stayed away for a while. Until your...you know...better," he said.

"Excuse me?" asked Johnny.

"What do you mean by that?" i asked.

"I just mean, stay away until your not being rude," he said.

I let out a laugh.

"Look, i don't know who you think you are but i just want you to know, you're not the boss of me. You're not my dad so don't even try to tell me what to do," i said.

"Leave right now or i will call the cops," he said.

"Well go ahead, you piece of shit. I might as well give you a reason to call them," i said, raising my hand to punch him. Johnny stopped it.

"No, let's go," he said.

"Go where?" i asked.

"My house," he said.

I was skeptical about going to his house again. I still felt a little resentment toward him.

"Okay, i guess," i said.

We exited the house. Phil shut the door.

"So that's the guy your mom is marrying?" asked Johnny.

"Yep. Isn't he just awful?" i asked.

"Yeah, he is," he replied.

We got into his car. As he began to drive, i remembered what had happened the night when me and him had kissed in here. While it made me feel a little happy to think about it, it made me feel a little upset too. We never should have done that. If we hadn't, Georgie would still be alive and Terrell wouldn't be threatening me.