Epilogue

We started to hear sirens come from outside. Lots of them.

"Want to walk out together?" asked Johnny.

I took his hand.

"Yes, lets go."

We walked to the front door and opened it. Soft orange light from the sunset blinded us as soon as we stepped out. We saw many police cars. We walked off the porch and went to the police officers. They had their weapons drawn.

"Put your hands up, now!" yelled one of the officers.

"Easy boys. I know them. They're the victims," said Tim, emerging from a police car.

They lowered their weapons.

"Where is the escaped man?"

"He's in the house. Along with his little minion. Don't worry, they're dead," i said.

A swarm of officers filed into the house. Tim walked over to us.

"My God, what happened to you two? You look awful!"

"Well we both were just fighting for our lives. Sorry we didn't come out in a dress and a suit," said Johnny.

I laughed. He was so funny.

"Sorry we didn't get here earlier. The damn navigation system got us lost!" said Tim.

"It's fine. Everything has been taken care of," said Johnny.

"Yeah, everything is fine now," i said.

"I can see by the blood on Jasmine's shirt."

I looked down at my shirt. Across the gray tank top and gray hoodie was spots of blood. Probably Amber's. Ew. I threw off the hoodie and tank top leaving me in my black sports bra. I didn't really care if they saw me in my bra. It didn't seem important.

"Do you two need a ambulance? The police brought one with us," said Tim.

"Nope, i'm not hurt. How about you?" i asked Johnny.

"No, i'm fine."

"Well i guess we can send them back then."

Just then, we watched as they carried Amber and Terrell out in body bags. Even though i hated them both, i will say i felt a little bad about the fact that they were killed. But it had to be done. It was either them or us.

And i wasn't going to let it be us.

8:57pm

Tim was driving us home. We were sitting in the back. Johnny had his arms around me. He had gave me his shirt so i wouldn't get cold. I liked it. It smelled softly of cologne and some other manly smell.

"Aren't you cold?" i asked.

"It doesn't matter. As long as you're warm, i'm fine."

He had been so much more protective after what had just happened. He was probably still shaken up by the fact that we both were almost killed. I think i liked this.

"I would have died if he had killed you," i said.

"I would have died if he had killed you," he repeated.

We kissed.

"Hey, can you two wait until i'm not around? I don't want to see you two getting all mushy," said Tim.

"Sorry Tim. I just was worried we'd never hug or kiss again," i said.

"It's fine. I understand."

I was happy when we finally arrived at Johnny's house. We got out and walked to the front door. Johnny unlocked it and we entered.

"Oh, finally! I'm so tired. I think i'm just going to go to my room and go straight to bed," i said.