Chapter 23

I was on the balcony at the apartment. I was tied up in a chair. At the side of the balcony was Terrell. He had a mean smile on his face.

"Are you sure you want to leave me?" he asked.

I shook my head. Suddenly, Georgie crawled onto the balcony. Terrell picked him up and hung him over the edge. I watched in horror as he let go. I screamed.

"You're next," he said.

"No!" i yelled.

He grabbed the chair and dragged me over to the edge.

"No! Please!" i screamed. He ignored me.

He pushed me over the railing. I screamed as i fell.

"HELP!!!" i screamed. I was about to hit the pavement when i heard a voice calling me.

"Jasmine? Jasmine....!"

I sat up as soon as i woke up. I was very shaky and very scared.

"Jasmine! Are you okay?" asked Johnny.

I had to catch my breath before responding.

"No! No, i'm not fucking okay!" i said.

I started crying very hard. I was so scarred. Seeing Georgie fall had scarred me. Johnny hugged me.

"Don't let Terrell get me!" i said hysterically.

"I won't. I'll protect you," he said.

After crying for a little, i hugged him back. His warmth was the only thing that made me feel safe.

"Are you relaxed now?" he asked.

"I guess," i said, my voice sounding stuffy.

He picked up a tissue box on one of the nightstands next to the bed.

"Here," he said. I took a tissue and blew my nose. I threw it in a small garbage bin next to the bed.

"Thanks," i said.

"Do you think you can sleep now?" he asked.

"I don't know. I'll try," i replied.

I layed back down. So did he.

I tried to get comfy but it was so hard without Johnny. I needed his warmth. I needed him.

Johnny's pov

I felt so bad for her. She was so scared. Her ex fiance had scarred her for life. She was messed up. I needed to be the one to fix her.

I know i said we couldn't spoon, but i couldn't resist. Besides, it's not like i would take advantage of it.

Jasmine's pov

I felt Johnny's hands wrap around my waist. He moved himself closer to me. I knew, we were spooning.

"I thought you said no spooning," i said.

"Oh, it doesn't matter anymore, dear," he said.

I gave in and let him do it. I wanted him close to me anyway.

Saturday, 7:39am

I woke up. Johnny wasn't in bed. I got out of bed and used the bathroom. As i walked back to my bedroom, i heard sizzling coming from downstairs. He must be cooking breakfast.

I walked down the staircase and entered the large kitchen. Johnny was standing at the stove, cooking eggs and bacon. He noticed me.

"Good morning," he said.