Chapter 9

When work was over, i was exhausted. Having to work on a song and care for a baby is really hard. As i packed up my things, my door opened. It was Tim.

"How is the score coming?" he asked.

"Good. I finished the first song and i'm almost done with the second one," i replied.

"That's great. I'm glad being late and having to care for your child didn't make you slower. You're very efficient," he said.

"Thank you very much, Tim," i said.

He left. I picked up my purse and then Georgie and left my office. As i walked down the hall to the exit, i saw Johnny coming my way. Dammit.

I began to walk faster. I knew he wanted to talk and i didn't feel like it. I reached the exit before he did and ran out. I went to my car, put Georgie in his car seat and jumped in the driver's seat. I quickly started the car, still paranoid that he was following me even though i knew he wasn't. I drove home. Hopefully tomorrow would be better.

Wednesday, 5:50pm

Today has been so good. I got to work on time (after dropping Georgie off at Shelia's) and had a very productive day. I'm making great progress. So far, i have 4 songs finished out of 10. Plus, i got to hear the orchestra perform 2 of my songs. It was so surreal hearing it from all of them.

As i walked down the hall to the exit, i saw Johnny. He was walking toward me. Oh no, not again. I still didn't want to talk to him. He was in the wrong for what he did. I did the same as yesterday. Except this time when i opened the exit door, Johnny grabbed it and closed it back. He leaned against the door. I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"What?" i asked him.

"Hey Jasmine. How have you be-"

"Can you just get to the point?" i asked.

"I wanted to apologize for what i did. I was wrong. I shouldn't have kissed or touched you," he said.

I knew he meant it. A small smile spread across my face.

"You know, it's okay. Let's just pretend it didn't happen," i said. He smiled back.

"So...would you maybe want to, you know...hang out?" he asked.

I raised a eyebrow. Was he doing it again?

"Not in a weird way! Just in a friendly way..." he said, which calmed me down.

You know what? I think i could give him another chance. He deserved it.

"Okay. I guess we could...for just a little while though," i said.

"Great. Let's go. I know just the place," he said. He got off the door and opened it for me. I walked out the studio. That's when i realized something.

"What about my car?" i asked.

"Just leave it here in the parking lot. They close the fence around here every night and lock it so you won't have to worry about it getting stolen," he said.

What if Terrell noticed that i didn't drive in my car? He would think something. What could i do?

"Are you coming?" asked Johnny. He was in a black Lamborghini. Damn, that was nice.

"Yeah um...i'm coming," i walked over to the car and got in on the passenger's side. It was very comfy inside.

"Comfortable?" he asked.

"Oh yes," i said. I strapped on my seatbelt and he took off.

6:17pm

I was glad i didn't have to be home until 9pm today.

Johnny turned at a sign that told me we were at a lake. He parked the car and turned the engine off. He got out and opened my door for me. I got out and looked around. It was very nice. The water was clear and a deep blue color. All around the lake were trees and bushes. I could hear birds chirping beautiful songs.

"So, is there any reason why you took me to a lake?" i asked Johnny.

"I like going here. Barely anyone ever comes here around this time of day. It's a good way to de-stress," he said.

He sat down on the soft green grass below us.

"Ew, you're really going to sit on that grass? There's probably bugs all in it!" i said.

He laughed and took my hand.

"It's just grass. Come on, sit down," he said.

"No, i'm good," i said.

Suddenly, he pulled me down. I fell into his arms.

"What the hell, Johnny!" i said while laughing. As soon as i stopped laughing, i moved next to him. I needed to be careful with him. I couldn't let my feelings mess things up.

"Want a drink?" he asked.

"Sure," i said. He stood up and went to his car. He returned with a bottle of wine. Oh god, we were going to share the bottle. He sat back down next to me and opened the bottle.

"Do you want the first drink?" he asked.

"Hell yeah," i said.

I took the bottle and took a generous gulp. That was some good wine.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"Yeah," i replied. I handed him the bottle. He took a few gulps. For a while, we just sat at the lake and drank wine. It was a great way to relax. I wished i could do this more often. But i knew i never would be able to again unless it was with Johnny.

After finishing the wine, we talked about our lives a little. I told him about my dad dying when i was 12 and me and my mom moving to LA after that.

He told me about his troubled childhood. From his parents problems to him dropping out of school. I felt a little bad for him. He also told me about when he became famous and how excited and nervous he felt.

It was great to have someone to talk to about my life. I didn't really have anyone to talk to about me (except Alina).

"So, can i ask you a personal question?" he asked.

"Well, it depends," i said, "what's the question?"

His expression seemed to become more serious.

"Do you really love your fiance?" he asked.

I laughed as if it was a joke. I had to make his question seem ridiculous even though it wasn't.

"Of course! If i didn't, why would i be marrying him?" i asked. He didn't look convinced.

Johnny's pov

I needed to know how Jasmine felt about her fiance. So i asked if she loved him. She laughed in my face and said she did. But i didn't believe that. And i wouldn't. I could tell, she was not happy.