Chapter 29

He said it was just lust he told me no emotions I thought it was just that but I was wrong he changed me made me look at the world in a different way I didn't care what he thought I knew how I felt and with everything that had happened to me I could finally pretend to be happy.______________________________________________________________________________________________

Daryl's ( POV)

" Come on we need to get out of here"! I said standing up " But it dangerous outside Daryl" Freya said " Yeah but its even worse with him come on I promise you will be safe with me"! I said holding out a hand to her she took it and stood up. " Och" Freya said as I moved my hand from her shoulder " Im sorry did I hurt you"? I asked she shuck her head and said "no it wasn't you its was Merle when he shot me and it still hurts" I growled at that he had left Freya in a lot of pain I kicked his knocked out body " Daryl stop it he's not worth it"! Freya shouted " Freya im so sorry please forgive me I promise when we get back I will have Hersal look at it Im just so angry you got hurt its my fault"! " its not your fault you told me to never blame yourself and you were right Daryl I trust you in every way! I looked at her and smiled she made everything so much better even at a time like this! I reached out for her hand and she took it and we walked out of the horror and never looked back Id never forgive my brother for what he did to Freya. I pulled Freya around the corner and said " Okay this is going to be dangerous but you have to promise me whatever happens you have to stay by my side"! " I promise Daryl"! she smiled. I smiled back and grabbed her hand and we ran past the bullets as I threw the smoke bomb I quickly moved as fast as I could to try and get to the others.

We ran and ran coughing lucky enough to still be here I was just happy she was by my side. " Daryl"! I heard T-dog shout me we must be close
" T-dog where are you"? I shouted back. I could hear him but I could barely see him. " We took out most of the guards now we got the Govenor on us and a load of walkers we need to move now"! He shouted " Wheres Rick"? I asked " He's back at the car with Maggie , Glen and Michonne"! T-dog said " Wait who the hell is Michonne" Freya asked. " We got no time to answer questions come on lets go"! I said as we quickly ran to the cars there were guns shooting from every direction and it was hard to see because of the smoke but we finally found our back.
When we got back Freya wanted to ride with me but I wouldn't let her " Im sorry Freya but its to dangerous for you to be with me you are still sick and your arm is really bad so go on get in Ricks car"! I said " Fine Daryl" Freya said I kissed her forehead on got onto my bike " See you back at the prison then" Freya said " Yeah" I said as she closed the car door.

Freya's ( POV)

" Freya im so glad your alright we was so worried about you and you should of seen Daryl he got so angry it was scary"! Maggie said I could tell they were all worried and I thank them for that but they didn't have to go overboard with it. Some other girl sat next to me and I guessed it was Michonne she just frowned at me I didn't understand why. Next to her was Glen and then T-dog in the front with Rick no one else said a word other than Maggie I knew they were thinking all sorts right now , I still felt really guilty like it was my fault even though Daryl had told me not to blame my self I couldn't help it. I didn't want to believe what happened to me was all Daryl's brother I didn't think his brother would be so scary and horrible he was the complete opposite of Daryl it was haunting me inside he had left bruises and scars that will remind me of this event.
When Daryl gave me his shirt I had too look away because of the scars on his back he had grown up in a world of fear and sorrow I understand now why he didn't want to tell me anything because he was afraid it might make him weak but really it made him stronger and to me he wasn't weak he could get through it and thats why I loved him he had helped me through the rough times and we had been through a lot in this short time and it had changed everything!

After the most coldest and hurtful pain I had been through we had finally arrived back at the prison. We got out of the cars and we broke into a run including me I ran to my new family crying tears of joy to see them again I was even hugging Carol even though earlier she had tried to convince me that being with Daryl was a bad idea I didn't care I was happy with him.
" Listen up everyone this war isn't over the Govenor of woodberry is now after us because we broke into his place to save Freya because of Merle's selfish ways we have to stick together more than we ever have to get through this"! Rick said " But there's one thing I cant do is have Michonne here as I have found out that she once stayed in woodberry with the Govenor"! Rick said
" Rick I dont agree she saved Freya's life I think we can trust her" Hersal said. " How can we what if she goes back to the Govenor and tells him where we are then what"! Rick said. " I agree with with Hersal she saved my life" I said. I felt Daryl's arms wrap around me and he then said
" Freya dont get involved in this"! Everyone began to give us funny looks so he then removed his arms from me and stood next to me.
" I cant put us in danger again I cant"! Rick shouted. " Well its to late now we got our selves into a war"!I said. Whatever happened I wasn't gunna let the Govenor win not well im still alive I have everyone I care about to look out for.