Chapter 39

He said it was just lust he told me no emotions I thought it was just that but I was wrong he changed me made me look at the world in a different way I didn't care what he thought I knew how I felt and with everything that had happened to me I could finally pretend to be happy.______________________________________________________________________________________________

Daryl's ( POV)

I was working digging yet another grave! The stupid damn walkers had finally broken through the gate. I quickly sprung to my feet and went inside to tell the others! " Guys the bloody damn walkers have finally broken the gate"! " WHAT" Rick shouted. " I need to find Freya does anyone know where she is"? I shouted. " Yeah shes in the tower again she seemed pretty upset earlier" Carol said. " Okay got it thanks" I quickly sprinted a cross the prison shooting any walkers that got in my way. I finally got to the to the tower and ran up the stairs. " FREYA"! I shouted. " Daryl your here" she cried and ran to me. It was great to have her back in my arms again. " Come on we gotta get out of here"! I said. " But look how many walkers are out there"! Freya shouted. " I know we gotta fight the others need us"! She nodded and grabbed my hand.

" Lets go then" Freya said. We ran down the stairs and quickly went outside to where the others were. " Daryl good timing we need you"! Rick shouted. The walkers were everywhere. Not all of us could go up against them. " Freya get behind me now"! " DARYL" she shouted. " Not now I've gotta protect you"! I shouted. I shot my first arrow at a walker coming closer to me. I grabbed Freya's hand and told her to hide behind the wall and not make a sound. After I had shot about 4 walkers I heard Freya screaming for me.

" DARYL HELP ME DARYL PLEASE" I quickly ran around the corner to see a walker... Sink its teeth into Freya! I screamed and pulled the walker away. there was another and another I shot them all. Freya fell to the ground in my arms. "NO WHY NO THIS CAN'T HAPPEN TO ME NO"! I shouted. I'm such an idiot I should have had her with me the hole time no one could take out that many walkers alone! " Daryl your here I wont be scared anymore" she sobbed. " NO FREYA YOU LISTEN TO ME YOUR NOT DYING ON ME STAY WITH ME YOUR ALL I GOT! I shouted. "HELP PLEASE HELP" I screamed. " Daryl I'm so sorry I couldn't protect myself I'm such an idiot" Tears began to stream down her face.

" DON'T YOU EVER BLAME YOURSELF PLEASE STAY WITH ME" I knew what was gunna happen next she was gunna turn I couldn't let that happen but there's no way I could kill her! " Daryl it's time take the gun and do it now" Freya said as she trembled. " I can't do it Freya I love you too much I couldn't do it"! I said. " Daryl your strong and you can get through this I will always be here in your heart" Freya pointed to my heart and began to sob even harder.
Freya's eyes began to flicker. " No please don't leave me not so soon NO PLEASE I LOVE YOU DON'T LEAVE" Tears began to fill my eyes.
" I love you too Daryl and I always will never forget that"! Freya finally closed her eyes....

Rick and the others came running towards me. " SHE'S GONE SHE'S GONE AND NEVER COMING BACK"! I shouted. I couldn't live anymore there was no reason for me being alive I hated living with out her! " Daryl i'm sorry were going to have to do this" Rick said. " NO YOU CAN'T DO THIS PLEASE NO"! I shouted and punched Rick. He went flying through the air and hit the floor. Hersal then began to pull me away Rick stood up and brushed it off like it was nothing took the gun and pointed it at her head! He then looked at her shook his head threw the gun said. " I CAN'T DO IT I'M SORRY I JUST CAN'T" and walked away out of sight. Carol fell to the ground and screamed everyone else just stood there silently. I needed to find that gun and put me and her out of hell! I felt as if everything was over my whole life just gone in an instant!