Chapter 5 •I Still Hate You•

"Wait I was your first kiss?" Luke asks with wide eyes.
"Yes okay! It's already embarrassing enough that I had my first kiss in 11th grade!" I say and Luke just stands there. "What?" I ask crossing my arms.
"I just didn't expect someone like you not to have their first kiss by now." He says scratching the back of his neck.
"What do you mean someone like me?" I ask lifting up my eyebrows.
"I mean someone who's uh, beautiful." He says and my jaw drops, and Rachel starts to giggle.
"Did you just call me beautiful?" I ask faintly blushing, in shock.
"Yes okay. You're acting like its the first time someone has called you beautiful." He says as he crosses his arms.
"Well maybe because it is. Luke I don't think you understand the fact that I'm a nobody. Ever since you stopped talking to me in 8th grade I've only had one friend and that's Rachel." I say and his eyes read something I haven't seen on Luke's face before; guilt.
"Well I guess I'm a first for a lot of things with you huh? Maybe we can make that one more thing." He says smirking.
"You pig!" I yell before walking off.
"You fucking asshole! You're just like the rest of your friends!" Rachel says yelling at him and running  after me. "Rena, I'm sorry Luke's such a pig." Rachel says as we reach my car.
"It's fine. I expect it from him, with other girls. But not me, you know? I thought maybe he'd treat me differently because of our past. But that didn't happen. And I thought maybe we could stop hating each other. Because I am doing him this favor, for no fucking reason. I guess I just thought I would get my best friend back. But who am I kidding. And why the fuck do I care?" I say sniffling and holding back tears.
"I'm sorry Rena." Rachel says as she pulls me into a hug.
"I'm going to go home. Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow." I say and she nods and releases me from a bear hug. I get into my car, and was about to pull out when I was stopped by Luke.
"Rena." He says from outside my door.
"What Luke? What do you want? Are you here to ask for sex again? Because that's the only thing you see anyone useful for." I spit back.
"Rena I'm sorry okay? You're not like most girls." He says rubbing the back of his neck.
"Yeah. I've always been like that. You should know." I say back, still mad.
"I know Rena I know." He says sitting down on the sidewalk by my car. I debated on getting out and joining him, which I end up doing.
"Why?" I ask.
"Why what?" Luke asks confused.
"Why did you start hating me in 8th grade for no reason?" I ask feeling tears forming in my eyes.
"Can we not talk about this right now?" Luke snaps. I'm surprised by his actions, because he was acting fine a few minutes ago.
"Why Luke? Was I such a bad friend that you had to leave? You left in the time I needed you the most! You left me!" I say getting angry all over again.
"Rena! I know what I did was bad! Stop fucking being a bitch, and get over the past!" He yells back. I get up and face him.
"Luke I don't fucking understand you! You pull me closer, only to push me away again! You're nice to me for a second, and the next you're the douche bag you normally are! I don't understand what I did wrong, and you won't tell me what I did wrong! God Luke I'm doing you a favor of making your ex, my enemy jealous. I didn't have to fucking do this! I may be your football buddy, but I am not your servant!" I yell and storm off, and back into my car.
"Rena wait." Luke says getting up and walking to my window.
"Rot in hell Luke Hemmings." I say before pulling off and driving away. Tears spill out as I make my way down the road. I don't even know why I'm so sad about this. This is how Luke normally acts. He thinks that girls will fall to his feet, and want to fuck him. Which most girls do. But not me. It makes me sick seeing girls do that. Because I know that it means nothing to Luke. He wouldn't  even text them back the next day. He's changed a lot since middle school, and it's not just his looks. How he acts towards me is different, we obviously. And I can tell he's not happy. I know him very well, when though I wish I didn't.

"Hey honey how was the game?" My mom asks right as I walk through the door.
"It was fun. We won, and Luke made the winning touchdown." I say plastering a fake smile on my face.
"Well that's good honey. I'm going to be out late tonight so don't wait for me." She says as she picks up her bag.
"Mom it's like 9 o'clock. Where are you going?" I ask confused.
"On a date." She says and I smile widely. A date is what my mom needed. Of course I wanted her to be happy, so I think a date is perfect for her.
"That's awesome mom! Have fun, good luck, and oh use protection." I say and she gasps at the last part.
"Rena Nicole Champion don't say that!" She says laughing.
"Sorry! But go have fun!" I say pushing her out the door. "Bye I love you!" I call out.
"I love you too!" She says as she gets into a black car that's parked outside of our house. I close the door and start to head upstairs and change into something comfortable.

Once I get dressed I hear a knock on my door.
"I'll be right there!"