Chapter 8 •Will You?•

Ever since Luke told me he doesn't love me, I've noticed my feelings for him even more. And to make matters worse prom is soon.

"Hey Rachel. Going to prom with anyone?" I jokingly ask smirking.
"I think I'm not going to go with my boyfriend Michael." She says sarcastically. I playfully roll my eyes and laugh. "How about you?" She asks smirking.
"Honestly I don't know. Luke hasn't said anything about it, and if he did it would only be to make Rebecca jealous." I say banging my head on my locker.
"I'm sorry Rena. It sucks he doesn't love you back. But maybe it's for the better." She says shrugging. I exhale because I know she's right. "But I do hope he asks you." She says winking. I give her a faint smile, before someone taps on my shoulder.
"Yes?" I ask Ashton who tapped on my shoulder.
"Luke asked me to guide you some place. I can't tell you where, and you have to put this blindfold on." He says and I'm too shocked to say anything. Everyone stops and listens, and Rachel squeals and puts the blindfold on me. Ashton takes my hand and starts leading me somewhere. I hear hundreds of people behind me, following.
"Alright we're here." He says taking my blindfold off, revealing Luke, Calum, Michael, and now Ashton all in the gym.
"What's going on?" I ask confused. All of them are behind an instrument.
"Rena, sit back and enjoy the show." He says smirking into the microphone. All the girls behind me start squealing like fan girls. I sit down in the chair, that is right in front of Luke. He looks down at me and winks at me, making my heart melt. But to show I don't like him I roll my eyes. "This songs called Voodoo Doll." He says through mic and the girls go crazy. Is he famous or something?
I don't even like you,
Why'd you want to go and make me feel this way? (What?)
And I don't understand what's happened,
I keep saying things I never say.

I can feel you watching even when you're nowhere to be seen,
I can feel you touching even when you're far away from me.

Tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll 'cause I can't control myself,
I don't wanna stay, I wanna run away but I'm trapped under your spell.
And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest,
And I'm having trouble catching my breath.

Won't you please stop loving me to death?

I don't even see my friends no more,
'Cause I keep hanging out with you.
I don't know how you kept me up all night,
Or how I got this tattoo.

I can feel you watching even when you're nowhere to be seen,
I can feel you touching even when you're far away from me.

Tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll 'cause I can't control myself,
I don't wanna stay, I wanna run away but I'm trapped under your spell.
And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest,
And I'm having trouble catching my breath.

Ooh x2

Won't you please stop loving me to death?

Every time you're near me,
Suddenly my heart begins to race.
Every time I leave,
I don't know why my heart begins to break.

Tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll 'cause I can't control myself,
I don't wanna stay, I wanna run away but I'm trapped under your spell.
And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest,
And I'm having trouble catching my breath.

Ooh x2

Won't you please stop loving me to death?

Once the band finishes everyone goes wild, including myself.
"Thank you guys! I have one more thing to say. Rena, would you do me the honors of going to prom with me?" He asks and thousands of balloons pop up out of nowhere. I smile really big, and run up to him. He's just trying to get Rebecca jealous. I wrap my arms around his neck, and press my lips on his. Sending that feeling everywhere in my body. Everyone cheers and we break apart.
"Yes!" I say and the crowd goes wild. He smiles, and looks directly in the crowd. Looking for someone. And that someone is Rebecca. God I don't even know what he sees in her! She cheated on him! I just never get a break. No guy ever likes me back.

"He asked you to prom?" My mom asks super excited.
"Yes mom. We're going to prom together." I say and she looks at me weirdly.
"Spill it. Why are you acting weird." She says and I sigh. I've always hated how well she knew me.
"I may be in love with Luke. And what made me realize that I did, was Luke confessing he loved me. He then told me that he thought he loved me, but doesn't. And that he loves his slut of an ex girlfriend Rebecca. And whenever he does something cute with me, I cant help but feel butterflies. But it just hurts a lot to know he doesn't feel the same way." I say sighing and placing my head in my hands.
"Luke's really missing out on an amazing girl. Any guy would kill to be in his place, and he's too stupid to notice what's in front of him. I think Luke will come around. Don't worry." She says sending me a warm smile, and winking at me.
"Thanks mom. That helps." I say smiling back to her.
"Anytime honey. Do you want to go dress shopping tomorrow? I'll call in sick for work, and we can go look around town for the perfect dress." My mom says and I get super excited. I don't really like shopping, but me and my mom haven't spent time with each other in a long time. So this should be a lot of fun.
"Yeah I'd love to!"