Chapter 17 •Let Him Go•

After my talk with my mom, I have been thinking a lot. Luke is going on tour for the next 6 months, and I want him to have as much fun as possible. This is a once in a life time opportunity, and I don't want to hold him back. I have to tell him that I want him to move on. I'm going to keep the promise though. But I want him to be as happy as possible.

I need to text Luke and tell him that I need to talk to him.

Me:
Hey Luke... Could you stop by my house? I need to talk to you

Luke:
Yeah... I'll be over in 5 minutes

I set my phone down and walk downstairs.

About 5 minutes later I hear a knock on the door.
"Coming!" I yell out. My heart starts beating out of my chest. I walk up to the door and open it. Once I do, I'm greeted by blue eyes. "Hi." I say to him.
"Hi." He says back. I can tell he's confused, and nervous.
"Come in." I say as I open the door wider, so he can get in. We both walk into the living room, and sit down on the same couch we did the last time he came to my house.
"What do you need to talk to me about." He says and I close my eyes and take a deep breath.
"Right. I wanted to say that I'm sorry for what I said last night. I'm not used to someone loving me, and I find it hard to believe that Luke Hemmings loves me. But that's not all of the reason I told you to come here." I say and he wipes his sweaty palms on his black skinny jeans.
"Then what is it?" He asks. God this is so hard.
"I want you to break the promise while you're on tour." I say and he shakes his head.
"No. I'm not breaking the promise. I love you Rena, and I don't want to be with anyone else." He says back.
"Luke this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't want you to waste it calling me, or texting me, or not enjoying yourself because of me. I love you too Luke. That's why I'm doing this." I say and a tear slips out and falls onto my cheek.
"Rena I'm not breaking the promise. You're way more important to me than a tour. Rena I can't live without you." He says as he wipes my tears off my cheek.
"You're going to find someone better than me. You're going to move on, and forget all about me and this town. You'll be happy Luke. We don't know what we're going to be doing in the future. Hell we don't even know what we're going to be doing next month. Well you do, I don't. I don't know if I'm going to college or not. I don't know a lot of things Luke, but what I do know is that I love you, and need to let you go." I say and he starts crying a little too.
"I can't find someone better than you Rena! Can't you see that I've tried. I've tried so hard, but at the end of the day you're the only thing that crosses my mind. I don't want to move on." He says and I wipe his tears now. I know guys aren't supposed to be beautiful, but damn. Luke was beautiful even with puffy red eyes.
"I love you Luke. Please remember that okay? I'll wait for you, just please don't wait for me."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?!? DID THEY LIKE BREAK UP OR SOMETHING. WELL I MEAN THEY WEREN'T OFFICIALLY BACK TOGETHER, BUT STILL! GOD RENA JUST LER THE GUY LOVE YOU! GOD LUKE DONT LET HER GO. GOD I DONT KNOW WHY I WROTE THIS! WAIT YEAH I DO LOLOL. BUT IM SORRY FOR THE SUPER SHORT CHAPTERS LATELY IVE BEEN BUSY. BUT I SWEAR ILL TRY TO WRITE MORE!! LOVE YOU BABES XX