Chapter 13 •Prom Night Part 3•

"Attention everyone. The crowning for Prom King and Queen is about to start!" The principal chirps. Everyone stops dancing and makes their way in front of the stage. I get up, and try to find Calum in the crowd.

After about 5 minutes of searching I can't find him. I make my way towards the back, bumping into people on the way.
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I will crown the Prom Queen first, then the King. After I crown them, they will slow dance together for a few songs, then they'll be free to go back to their normal dates. That is if a couple doesn't win. Alright and the Prom Queen is," The principal pauses as she picks up the paper "Rena Champion!" She yells in excitement. Wait me? All of the lights are pointed to me, and the principal waves me to her. I make my way towards the front, squeezing by all the girls with puffy princess dresses. I make it to the stage and walk up the steps, where I'm greeted by our lovely principle. "Here you are darling." She says smiling and placing the crown on my head.
"Thank you." I say trying to smile. Never in a million years did I think I would actually win this thing. I've been a nobody my entire high school career.
"Alright," the principal says clearing her throat. "Now it's time to crown the Prom King!" She says and my heart drops down to my stomach. Please don't be Luke. Please god don't be Luke. I'm not ready. "And the winner is," she says pausing once again. My heart is beating out of my chest. I feel it in my throat, my finger tips, and my feet. "Luke Hemmings!" She squeals, and my smile drops off my face. Me and him haven't spoken a word since that day at lunch.

Luke makes his way up the side of the stage, and ducts down so our principal can place the crown on his perfectly quiffed hair. He doesn't look over at me the entire time on stage. He looks forward and into the crowd.

When I look down in the crowd my eyes meet with Calum's. He's smiling at me, and is still next to the girl that asked him to dance earlier.
"Sorry for not coming back." Calum mouths to me.
"No worries. I'm glad you had fun. Don't worry about it." I mouth back and wink at him. He smiles again and shakes his head as he laughs.
"Now it's time for the Prom King and Queen to slow dance. So please make way for them on the dance floor." The principal says through the microphone. I see Rebecca giving me death glares from the back of the dance floor, but I just continue to make my way to the floor.
"This song goes out to the Prom King and Queen!" The dj says through the microphone and everyone cheers. I turn to look at Luke, who's already looking at me.
"Hi." I say giving him a weak smile. I can try to have a good time right?
"Hi." He says back. He places his big hands on my small waist, and I wrap my arms around his neck. Once everyone's conversations die down we hear Amnesia playing in the background. "Ironic." Luke chuckles as he starts to sway to the beat.
"How?" I ask laughing a little, and following his lead.
"One its my bands song. And two, you know what never mind." He says looking away from me.
"No Luke come on tell me." I say still looking at him. He turns back and looks me in the eyes. His eyes are different from before. They are a pale blue.
"I wrote this song about you. Mostly about our friendship. But I know I also wrote it about something more." He says. Confusion strikes over me. Something more?
"What do you mean something more?" I ask not breaking the strong eye contact.
"About how I love you." He says, not looking away. My heart drops into my stomach, and my knees feel like water.
"You l-love me?" I ask. I can tell I'm becoming a mess, just by the way I talk.
"Yes. I have for the longest time too. When I told you I loved you a few months ago, I meant it. I just took it back because I know you don't feel the same way about me so I l-"
"Luke." I say cutting him off from babbling.
"Yeah." He says.
"Kiss me." I say and his eyes widen, but he doesn't hesitate to crash his lips on mine. Sending that feeling I've been craving. "I love you too." I say once we break apart.
"Y-you do?" He asks and I nod.
"I was going to tell you bu-"
"Get off of my man Rena! He loves me and not you!" Rebecca yells from behind me.
"Rebecca we need to talk. In private." Luke says pulling apart from me.
"No. Whatever you have to say, you say it here! In front of everyone!" She demands.
"Suit yourself." Luke says struggling his shoulders. "Rebecca, we're breaking up. Being with you again made me realize something. How fucking dumb you are. And how dumb I am for dating you again. I don't love you, I never have, and never will. My heart belongs to someone else. So we're done. For good." Luke says and everyone gasps. Even me.
"But Lukey poo you don't mean it. You love me. You're just playing. Right?" She asks and she comes up to him and rubs up and down his toned arms.
"No I'm not playing. Now if you will excuse me while I finish dancing with the person I love." He says as he turns back to me. Everyone in the crowd awe's, and Rebecca storms off with a red face and tears streaming down it. Wiping the 10 pounds of makeup clean off of her face. "Now finish what you were saying." Luke says smiling and putting our hands together once again. They fit perfectly, like they were made for each other.

MMM OH MY GOD. THEY CONFESSED THE LOVE THAT THEY HAVE FOR EACH OTHER!!!! YESSS IM SO FUCKING HAPPY. AND ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME LUKE ROBERT HEMMINGS!! I LOVE YOU GUYS XX

Football Buddiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें