Chapter 13. Surrounded (Croy PV)

*Trigger warning for violence, foul language and blood*

"Come on, what's taking this kid so long?" I muttered as I paced impatiently next to her bag. I glanced at my pocket watch. "It's almost curfew time, what the heck is she doing in there?" I asked myself aloud. After another minute, I picked up her bag in a huff. "That's it, I'm gonna see what the hell is taking so long"

"Psst, twerp!" I hissed from the door, there was no answer. I took a few steps inside but didn't see anybody. "Maybe she already left, and I missed her?" I asked myself as I opened the drawer and found the keycard where it belonged.

"At least she returned it." I muttered before turning around to make my way out.

"Mmph!" A muffled sound made me stop in my tracks.

"Hello?" I asked as I took a step further into the kitchen. "Twerp, are you in here?" I asked a bit louder than before. I froze when a thud echoed from inside the freezer. Hastily, I made my way over and yanked the door open. My stomach churned at the sight.

Scaggot had her tied and pinned against the back wall of the freezer. His face was in her neck, hand up her shirt and the other one trying to get into her pants. "Get off her you sick fuck!" I screamed as I yanked him out by his hoodie and shoved him against the cutting counter. He groaned in pain when his back hit the edge. I grabbed the small knife that had been left by the cheese and used it to cut her binds.

"Hazel run!" I instructed as Scaggot came towards me and tackled me back into the freezer. Boxes and bags of food flew off the shelf. I doubled over in pain when he punched me in the gut. I saw stars when he picked up a wholesale box of strawberries and struck me on the head with it.

Hazel screamed in her muffled language. "Not so tough now, are you?" He taunted as he looked down at my dizzy form.  Before he could react, I pulled him by the leg, causing him to lose his balance and fall hard next to me. The pitiful Sargent tried to crawl away, but I tackled him down. Before my mind could register what I was doing, my fists were in his face, striking him repeatedly. Blood and snot squirted from his nose.

I turned at the sound of Hazel's muffled cries which came from the door. "What are you still doing here!? I told you to run!" That moment of distraction allowed Scaggot to headbutt me. The blow caused blood to squirt from my own nose. He took advantage of my disorientation and reached for his pocketknife, which was on the floor beside him.

"Agh!" I hissed in pain as he swiped and cut the upper part of my arm. I jumped away, the distance finally allowing him to stand. "So that's how it's gonna be huh?" I hissed as I wiped my nose with the back of my hand. I reached into my cargos and pulled out my own knife.

"I'm so fucking sick of you!" Scaggot screamed as he charged at me. The wind  got knocked out of me when my back hit the wall. We wrestled for control as we moved around the kitchen. Instinctively, I glanced back at Hazel, who still stood by the door. A light went off in my head when she kicked a frying pan over to me.

Quickly, I shoved Scaggot back, picked up the frying pan and smacked him over the head with it. He landed on the floor like a sack of potatoes, knocked out cold. After catching my breath, I dropped the pan and hurried to where she stood.

Her knees buckled as I tossed my arms around her. Together we sank slowly to the floor, her entire body trembling. "Did he hurt you?" I asked as I grabbed her face in my hands. She stared at me in silence, tears overflowing her amber eyes. "Answer me, did he hurt you!?" I asked, a little louder.

She shook her head as I inspected her for injuries. "Hold still, I'm gonna cut this thing off." I urged as I slipped my blade carefully between her lips and the tape. After slicing through it without any problems, she ripped off the remaining bits and spit out the rag.

"Thank you, thank you!" She sobbed as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "I was so scared." She whimpered.

"It's okay, I'm here now. I won't let anything happen to you twerp." I assured as I stroked her head. "Come on, let's get out of here before this asshole wakes up." I urged as we stood up "Fuck." A groan escaped my lips as a wave of dizziness hit me. I swayed a bit.

"Croy are you okay!?" Hazel asked anxiously as she steadied me. She wrapped her arm around my waist and draped one of my arms across her shoulders.

"Yeah, let's get going." I urged weakly as we made our way towards the exit.

"Uh...Croy?" Hazel squeaked as she motioned towards the door. My heart sank when I realized what she was looking at.

"Oh no, what a mess!" Randall, Scaggot's BFF, exclaimed as he played with the dagger in his hand. He was scraggly— with ginger hair, freckles and a deranged look in his chocolate eyes. "Hey, you okay pal? The guys and I got worried when we noticed our food hadn't arrived." He asked the weary Scaggot with a smile before licking his lips.

My heart sank in my chest when two more of his lackeys entered the room. Randall helped his disoriented leader off the floor just as the other two surrounded us.

"Hazel, when I tell you to, I need you to run." I instructed as I pushed her aside gently. "No, I won't leave you!" She insisted. "This isn't up for debate. For once in your life just listen to me!" I pled. She gave me a reluctant nod before turning back to Randall.

"Hm... what a tasty looking snack." He chuckled; his eyes trained on my drill partner.

"Stay away from her!" I growled, clutching my aching stomach.

"Aw, how adorable. You can't even stand up straight and you think you're in a position to give orders." Randall laughed as he twirled the dagger in his hand again. "Let's get this over with." He sneered as he signaled his guys to move in.

"Go!" I shouted and pushed Hazel out of the circle as they all attacked at once. I grabbed one by the arm and flipped him over on his back. I ducked as Randall swung at me. I swiped to the left with my knife causing Charlie, the kid that looked like Chad from Malcolm in the middle, to jump back.

"Croy look out!" Hazel screamed just as Scaggot came up behind me and whacked me with a broomstick. I hit the ground, hard.

"Aggh!" I screamed as Scaggot pulled me up by the hair. "This is how I like seeing you; beaten and sniveling like the maggot you are!" He taunted. "I want you to apologize. I want you to beg for my forgiveness and maybe, I'll consider going easy on you." He chuckled.

"FUCK YOU." I hissed through blood drenched teeth.

"Randall, take care of him." Scaggot instructed before letting go of my hair. "With pleasure!" The redhead grinned as he prepared himself to strike. A sickening crack echoed through the room as Hazel smacked Randall from behind with a wooden cutting board, knocking him down.

"Get her!" Scaggot screamed as she took off towards the door. Charlie blocked her path and immobilized her.

"Let her go!" I screamed, unable to help. "Stupid bitch!" Scaggot hissed before striking her in the face and knocking her out.

"You son of a bitch!" I growled weakly as Randall regained his composure.

"Now it's your turn." The ginger hissed before picking up the cutting board and knocking me out.

(A/N: I always get anxious writing these fighting chapters! DX What's in store for our protagonists after this? Read on to find out kiddies!)