Chapter 25.5 SuperDouche (Jason PV)

(*Flash-back to the night of the dance)

Her golden hair sparkled beneath the dancing lights; the halo she wore added an innocence that only she could pull off. "Jeez, she's perfect..." my brain commented as I gawked at her.

"Come on!" Allison hissed as she yanked Kyle away and towards the dance floor.

"What bit her in the ass?" I muttered as I watched them recede into the crowd.

"Well, here goes." I said out-loud before adjusting my jacket and making my way towards her. "Hey Mai, what's crackin'?" I asked nonchalantly as I pulled out a foldable chair and slouched lazily on it.

"Mai it's okay, you stay and keep Jason company, I can go alone." I turned to see an unfamiliar girl standing on the other side of the table. Myra looked at her warily.

"Hey Mai, you know this chick?" I asked while I pointed with my thumb. Myra giggled.

"Yeah Jase." She said as she sat back down.

"Hey Jason" the strange girl greeted. I gave her a puzzled look.

"Your voice sounds familiar, but I can't place your face..." I trailed off as I leaned forward a bit. I lowered my sunglasses attempting to get a better look. She lifted her mask and showed me her face. "Wait." I muttered slowly as I took in her features. "Is that?" I asked as I turned to Myra, an astonished look plastered on my face. Myra nodded. "Hazel?!" I asked in a near shout as I got close to her.

"Uh personal space Jason!" She scolded, her face crimson.

"No way!" I chuckled boisterously. "Croy's gonna freak!" I laughed and sat back down.

Myra shot a worried glance at her friend.

"I doubt it..." she trailed off sadly before excusing herself from the table and disappearing through the crowd.

"What's her deal?" I asked.

"She saw Croy with Allison earlier and assumed something was going on between them."

"Oh, so she's jealous?" I asked as I leaned back in the chair, Myra nodded. I took advantage of the silence that had settled at our table to study her costume. "You look great by the way." I blurted out without making eye contact. A light rose dusted her face as she glanced down at her lap.

"Thanks, you look really cool too." she complimented.

"I always look cool." I boasted, eliciting a chuckle from her.

"So, do you think she'll take the initiative and confess to Croy?" I asked as I popped a chip in my mouth. Myra shook her head.

"I honestly doubt it, she's too self-deprecating. She sees herself as this unlovable, ugly person, even though it's not true." She said as she sipped her soda. I nodded.

"Yeah, and we've got Croy on the other side of the spectrum with his abandonment and trust issues, not that I blame him. I've got a few of those myself..." I trailed off as I ate another chip. My eyes widened when part of the chip I was munching on, went down my windpipe. I coughed loudly causing Myra to freak out.

"Jason, are you okay!?" She asked anxiously before slapping my back. Hastily, I grabbed the water bottle on the table and chugged it.

"Ugh, that sucked!" I rasped after the chip finally unblocked my airway. I turned to Myra, who had been stifling her laughter the entire time. "Yeah, yeah go ahead and laugh." Her face relaxed when she burst out laughing.

"Yep, always cool!" She teased.

"The coolest!" I retorted as I laughed along with her.

"You're such a dork, that's one of the things I love about you!" My face turned red beneath the glasses when she said that. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna go to the ladies' room." I nodded as she stood up and made her way gracefully through the crowd.