Chapter 25. I like...

The following morning, we all lined up for drill practice. Croy was unusually quiet the entire morning. After drills ended, he brushed past me without a word and made his way back to his cabin. "What bit him in the ass?" I muttered as Myra made her way over to me.

"Didn't you guys have a fight or something yesterday?" she asked as she helped me put away some of the equipment. I nodded.

"Well has either one of you apologized?" I shook my head. A loud exasperated sigh escaped her lips.

"You guys are like little kids. Just apologize and get it over with!" she scolded.

"Why do I have to apologize? I didn't do anything wrong! He's the one that got butt hurt!" I shot back.

"Maybe you should ask him why he got offended before making any assumptions." I sighed wearily.

"Fine..." I muttered before tossing the last jump rope into the storage shed.

"By the way..." I began after I closed the door. "What happened last night? Why was Jason so angry?" I asked curiously as she glanced at her boots.

"There was this guy in a superman costume that tried to get fresh with me. He walked up to me and asked me if I wanted to dance and I said no. He tried to force himself on me and kissed me against my will. He was being overly aggressive, to the point where he tore my costume. Luckily, when I screamed, Jason heard and pulled him off me. That's pretty much what happened..." she trailed off.

"After that, things got scary when the superman took out a gun and started shooting into the air. When everyone heard the shots, they freaked out and rushed outside. That's where you came in." she said as she looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry you had to go through such an experience." I placed my hand on her shoulder gently. She shook her head.

"Jason was so brave standing up for me like that. It made me think that I'm really important to him." I chuckled as a soft blush dusted her cheeks.

After a few seconds of silence, she poked my stomach. "What about you? You were gone a long time. What were you doing?" she asked.

"I sort of met this guy and we danced for a while. Then we made our way outside and we sort of..." I trailed off, my face red.

"Sort of what, tell me!" Myra demanded eagerly.

"We sort of kissed." I admitted timidly.

"Wooooo!" Myra exclaimed, tossing her hands in the air. "Was that your first kiss?" She asked curiously. I nodded. "How adorable!" She clapped her hands enthusiastically. "So how was it? How did it feel?" She pried.

"It was amazing." I sighed dreamily. "His breath was so sweet, and his voice was so gentle, it all seemed like a dream..." I trailed off.

"So, who was the lucky guy?" She asked as she leaned in to hear the secret. I shook my head sadly.

"I don't know..." I said as I looked at the floor.

"What do you mean?" she asked, confused.

"I never saw his face, but he was handsome and intelligent. He was courteous and considerate, honest and he was wearing the most amazing Prince costume. It suited him perfectly..." I trailed off with a smile.

"Prince Costume?" She asked, her eyes widening.

"Was it navy?" She asked.

"Yeah, how did you know?" Myra's jaw nearly hit the floor.

"Hazel, that Prince was actually­—!"

(Ring)

The bell for free period interrupted her sentence.