Chapter 33.5 Good Luck

(CroyPV)

"120, 121, 122..." I counted in my head after every pull up. I was almost to 150, when I noticed someone sitting on the grass near the entrance of the woods. After I finished my set, I jumped down and made my way over to him. "What's up dude." I greeted Jason and took a seat beside him.

"Hey." he muttered without looking up. He was playing with his pocket knife, stabbing holes in the soil.

"You okay?" I asked warily as I ripped out a few blades of grass. He shrugged.

"As good as I can be I guess..." he trailed off. "You really gotta tone it down with the exercise, you're gonna end up like the hulk." He chastised, I shrugged.

"Working out distracts me, it takes my mind off things. It certainly helps on nights I can't sleep." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"You also gotta stop skipping class. Our history teacher is pretty peeved, said she's gonna fail you if you don't show up." I rolled my eyes.

"She's all bark and no bite." He nodded in agreement. "How's Mai?" His jaw tensed when I asked him that.

"Same old story" he sighed.

"Have you told her how you feel?" He shook his head.

"I tried, she wouldn't listen. She thinks I'm the same snot-nosed little brat I was when you and I met..." he trailed off angrily.

"You kind of are." I joked causing him to punch me in the arm. "Geez, I'm kidding!" I hissed as I rubbed my sore bicep.

"What about you? Have you, have you told Hazel yet?" I shook my head

"There's nothing to tell." He rolled his eyes.

"Come on dude, you and I both know that's crap." I shrugged.

"Jase...do you think it's possible to like two people at the same time?" I asked as I stared at the ground.

"Why, you got the hots for Allison now?" He teased.

"As if!" I scoffed as I punched him in the leg. He flinched. "I just...can't get this girl out of my head." I admitted as I crushed some more grass in my hand.

"Do I know her?" He asked curiously.

"I don't think so, I'd never seen her before until the night of the dance."

"The dance?" Jason repeated. I nodded.

"Yea, she had this beautiful black hair and these expressive golden eyes. She was wearing a navy gown." Jason's expression went blank for a few seconds.

"Okay, what about her?" He asked cautiously.

"Well, we kind of spent some time together that night and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her since." Jason face palmed when I admitted that.

"Seriously dude? Can you really be that blind? That girl was obviously-"

"Your type!"

(Jason)

We both turned to Myra who now stood behind Croy, her hands resting on his shoulders. "Don't worry Croy, Jason and I will take care of everything!" She enthused as she walked over and pulled me aside.

"Are you mental? It's obviously Hazel!" I whispered loudly.

"Yes, but he doesn't know that. I say we take this opportunity and mess with them a little bit." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked warily.

"We both know they're incredibly blind, the only way they'll get it is by seeing it themselves. Let's set them up!" I rubbed the nape of my neck anxiously.

"I don't know, you think it'll work?" I asked skeptically, she nodded.

"I'll take care of Hazel, you make sure Croy goes back to the place they kissed." I nodded just before she skipped away.

"What was that all about?" Croy asked curiously. I shrugged as I walked back to him.

"So Myra was telling me that Hazel had her first kiss that night too huh?" He nodded.

"Yea she told me, but as long as it was someone she cares about, that's all that matters I guess..." he trailed off sadly.

"Well why don't you go look for her?" I asked trying to sound casual.

"For whom?" He asked bewildered.

"For the mysterious girl? Have you gone back to the place where you kissed? How do you know she's not looking for you too?" His eyes widened.

"You think?" I nodded.

"Sure! Girls are corny and tend to do stuff like that. I'll bet you anything she's probably out there searching right now!" Croy nearly jumped to his feet.

"Ok, I'll give it a shot!" He said with a hopeful grin.

"Hey, don't forget to put this on, she might not recognize you." I said as I casually tossed him the mask Myra had handed me a few minutes prior.

"Right." He muttered as he slid the mask on.

"Hey Croy!" He turned as I shouted after him. "You look ridiculous!" He rolled his eyes and flipped me off just before taking off into the woods. "Good luck bro..."