Innovator Attacks

Kaidou Jin:

I went to Evangeline's room and saw her focusing on her data-pad.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

". . . Tiny Orbit is under attack." She said. "Ban and the others are already starting to fight them off."

I smirked. "A good place to test it out."

~~~~~

When we arrived at the tunnel below Tiny Orbit, we saw one hell of a huge tank.

"That's big." Evangeline commented.

I connected the chat line with the others. "Leave this to us. We'll fight too." I told them.

"Jin, it's a tank!" Ban warned.

"This newly completed Zenon can do it." I said to him. "Using Proto Zenon's battle data, Cyber Lance created this new generation LBX. And this Zenon is made with the ultimate specs, just for me. This will be able to handle it."

"And I'll be there to back it up." Evangeline said over my shoulder.

We walked in to see Gouda in there too. "I thought I was the only one crazy enough to come out here in the flesh."

"Let Jin and Eva take care of this." Takuya said. "Ban, you guys head to the level 4 research lab."

"Ban, let's go." Ami said. "We have to protect the Eternal Cycler."

"Yeah." Kazuya said. "Let's go."

"No, I'll stay." Ban replied. "I'll stop that tank with Jin. If we can't stop that, it'll destroy the building. And then we won't be able to protect the Eternal Cycler!" Odin jumped onto my elbow. "Jin, I'm going in." I smiled slightly and nodded.

"It's yours!" Gouda said, running out. He took Fenrir and Pandora and left while we faced the tank.

"How do we fight it?" Ban asked.

"We just have to immobilize it." I told him. "Let's go, Zenon!" Evangeline followed my lead.

"Attack Function, Break Gazer."

"Attack Function, Infinite Blade."

We manage to dent the wheels a little and created a smome screen along with it.

"It's so powerful." Ban commented.

"If it can't see, it can't attack accurately." Evangeline said. "Although... There is a slight chance that it might go to random fire mode..."

"Now's our chance, Ban!" I said.

"Yeah!"

We jumped onto the tank and the guys from Hacker Corps. created an even bigger smoke screen, but that just cause it to go to random fire mode, like Evangeline predicted.

"I told you so..." She muttered.

"Don't get distracted!" I told them. "We have to put a stop to it." Then, turrets appear from behind us.

"Cannons?" Ban said surprised. We rushed forward and jumped on a turret each, landing on top of the control systems of the tank.

"Here it is." I said. I faced Evangeline and she nodded.

Her eyes glowed red as Dreamer crouched down and placed a hand on the panel. "Computer Mode, Activate. Comense Hacking Sequence."

"Hack the system to shut down." I told her.

She nodded. "Buy me time." Zenon and Odin started taking down the Innovator LBXs.

"Unlocked, Protection on the Firearm control system. Unlocked, Protection on the Target Indentification system. Unlocked, Protection on the Auto Balancer. Shut down in progress..."

Ban and I had just finished destroying the other LBXs, but now the tank is on the move and it's heading straight towards us...

"Jin! Eva! Watch out!" Ban warned.

"Shut Down progress, Complete."

"It's done." I said. The tank stopped inches from us.

"We did it, Jin! Eva!" Ban said happily.

"Yeah." I turned back and manage to catch Evangeline before she completely fainted.

"Computer Mode, Shut down in progress... Humanoid activate." Her eyes stopped glowing and she blacked out.

"E-eh?! Is she going to be okay?" Ban asked.

"She'll be fine." I told him. I called back Zenon, took Odin as well and carried Evangeline to the main building of Tiny Orbit.

I met up with Ban and he smiled. "Jin!"

"Ban. Your LBX." I gave Odin back to him.

"Thanks!" He said. Then he looked at Evangeline, who i was still carrying in my arms. "Are you sure she'll be okay?"

"Yeah. She's only tired." I told him. "That was the first time she used her AI that way... Other than the time the Virus Program took control of her that is..."

". . . I don't really understand but as long as she'll be okay then everything should be fine." He said shrugging.

I sweat-dropped slightly. "Uh... Yeah, okay." I layed her down on one of the couches just when we heard a shout.

"It's Yuusuke-san." Ban said.

"Did something happen?" I asked. We went out to check on what's going on.

When we got out, we saw a man pointing a gun at Uzaki Yuusuke.

"Stop this Kirishima-san." Yuusuke said to the man. "You"re not the type of person to do something like this."

"B-be quiet!" Kirishima said. "Because of you, I... Don't come closer!" He started moving back, then another man appeared out of nowhere and grabbed the black case he was holding and ran off. He chased after the man, only to end up in the middle of the road with a truck about to crash into him. Yuusuke pushed Kirishima out of the way, but in price, he got hit instead.