Truth of It All

Kaidou Jin:

It has been 5 days since the death of Uzaki Yuusuke and Grandfather had just arrived home from wherever he has been lately. Evangeline and I are walking towards his office right now. Evangeline waited outside, but Dreamer snuck in with me.

"There's something I have to ask." I said to my grandfather. "Grandfather, are you involved with Uzaki Yuusuke's death? Answer me, Grandfather!"

"I know nothing." He replied.

"I see. Excuse me." And i left, Dreamer slipping behind. Right outside the room, Evangeline faced me with worried eyes. "Did you get it?"

She nodded hesistantly. "Yeah... I did."

Flashback~

"When I'm talking with him, take a picture with your LBX's camera."

"Alright, but why?"

"I just have a hunch..."

Flashback End~

She showed me her CCM and, after scanning it, it showed that Kaidou Yoshimitsu... is an android.

I looked down and clenched my fist. "I knew it..."

". . . Jin." I looked up and saw Evangeline looking at the CCM as well. "We should... You know..."

". . . Alright then."

~~~~~

"Thanks for all your help." I said to my butler. We're now outside the mansion. Evangeline had a small case in her hands and she was hugging it tightly. "We won't be returning. Grandfather is no longer alive. Look." I showed him the picture of the android and he gasped. "We'll fight alongside Ban."

"I understand. Be careful." He said to us. And we left.

~~~~~

It was the next night, around 6 pm, when we got to Ban's house.

"Why did we use the bus in the very last minute when we could have used it from the fortress?" Evangeline muttered.

I ignored her and rang the doorbell. We were greeted by Ban's mother. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Kaidou Jin and this is Evangeline Mech. Is Ban here?"

Her face saddened but nodded. "Yes." She took me up to his room. She opened the door. "Come in."

I told Evangeline to stay outside and she agreed, focused on her data-pad. I went into the room and faced Ban, who was laying down on his bed.

"Ban, how long are you going to be like this?" I asked him. "Ban."

"I'm scared." He replied. "I'm scared of fighting. If I fight, my friends will die! I might die too! I'm scared of that!"

". . . If we don't stop the Innovators, even more people will be sacrificed."

"Yuusuke-san died! You saw it too, didn't you?!"

I looked away for a moment and then faced him again. "My parents died in front of my eyes. They were caught in the Tokio Bridge incident. I'm the only one left in my family... It's the same for Evangeline. She lost her brother in that incident as well. That's how we met and became friends. Kaidou Yoshimitsu was the one who took us in and raised us together. My grandfather. But my grandfather was also the one behind that incident in the first place. He's a terrible man who has stolen the lives of many people, including our family. Yet, to me, he's still my grandfather. I can't hate him from the bottom of my heart."

I took out my CCM and showed him the picture. "Look at this. This is Kaidou's true form now. My grandfather is no longer alive. I'll fight the Innovators... And I'll find who killed my grandfather. That is what I must do." I put down my CCM. "Ban, fight the Innovators."

"No! I don't want to fight anymore!" He said. "Everyone will end up dying! Anyone who gets involved with LBXs will..." He grabbed Odin. "Because of these things, Yuusuke-san was... This thing...!" He was about to throw it away but i stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"Are you going to throw away your father's feelings?" I asked him. "LBXs were made to bring people happiness. That's what you told me before. I understand those feelings of yours now. You love the LBXs. You should know what the LBXs mean to us and the world. Isn't that why your father entrusted you with such a precious LBX?"

Then his mom came in. "Your father is out there fighting these hardships by himself to take responsibility for what he made. The Eternal Cycler, the LBXs... He wants to bring them back tk what they were originally meant for, to bring people happiness. That's his reason for fighting, your father's true feelings. But you see... I don't want to see you getting into danger. If you really don't want to fight anymore, then I want you to stop. If those are your true feelings..."

"My true feelings..." Bam muttered.

Then Evangeline burst into the room. "S-sorry for... intruding...!" She said panting. "Jin... A-Ami and Kazuya... Gouda... I-I mean Sendou... C-captured... I-Innovators..."

I sighed. "I know you probably have something important to tell us but please, don't forget to breathe."

She nodded and took a deep breath. "Takuya-san called. He said Ami, Kazuya, Gouda and Sendou went to Innovator Base to take back the Eternal Cycler but they got captured in the process. He said that the last trace of their LBX signals were in Goliath. Yagami-san's um... Henchmen? Nevermind that. But they're already there."

"Kamiya Craft's manufactoring plant? . . . Understood." I said. I faced Ban. "Ban, I'm going." I turned to leave.

"Wait." He said. I stopped at the door and turned to face him. "I'm going too!"

I smiled. "Sure." It's about time.