Discussion

Kaidou Jin:

We head back to the Duck Shuttle after hearing it all from Hiro. I'm still surprised that he has the ability to predict the future. I went to look for Eva once we got in while the others meet up to see Otacross and Takuya.

In the seats, I found her asleep and walked over. Her eyes were closed but I can see a few tears gathered up under her eyelids. I held her shoulders and started shaking her lightly. Slowly, her eyes began to flutter open and they watched me carefully. Fear pass through for a few seconds until she realised it was me and her shoulders loosened up.

She stood up and gave me a look. "How long was I asleep?"

I shook my head. "Not that long. Don't worry. The rest of us are meeting up at the room where Otacross is. Want to come or do you want to go to the girl's room?"

She shook her head signifying she's awake and I led her to where the others are. I watched her carefully and noticed her eyes were still dull and slightly red. Was she crying before she slept? Her walking started to be unsteady but she regained her balance on her own. She rubbed her eyes and sighed when we came in to the room.

We waited patiently for either Cobra or Otacross to finish hacking and eventually Cobra finished first with Professor Yamano's help.

"Hm? Cobra managed to win against the legendary super-hacker Otacross?" Amy teased.

"Ami-tan! Please don't look at me like that!" Otacross wailed.

"Anyway, this is the survailance footage from the HQ's security cameras." Cobra streamed it to the screen Otacross used.

"The president and Director Kaios..." Ban muttered.

"So Gardyne was serious about reactivating Paradise from here." Hiro said.

"He's gotta be crazy." Jessica commented. "He's abandoning his citizens... No, the entire world!"

"The man at the very back..." Takuya muttered. "He's Omega Dain's commander, Alan Worthen's right hand man, Bishop. Why's he here?" Then he got a call.

Afterwards, he sounded shock about something and then hung up. "That was Yagami. Alan Worthen's been murdered."

"Eh?!" We were all shocked. Eva looked down at her feet and she started shaking a little.

"What's happening?" Kazuya asked, frustrated. "The boss gets murdered but the right hand man's with Gardyne?"

"So he killed Alan Worthen?" Yuuya asked rethorically.

"I don't know. But I can't think of him as anything but Gardyne's spy." Takuya commented.

~~~~~

After that happened, we went to take a short break. In the training room, I sat with Eva alone while doing a bit of maintanance with Triton. Eva kept staring blankly at her tablet. It's like she's seeing something only she can see.

I tap her shoulder lightly until I got her attention. "Eva, are you alright?"

She barely nodded but then shook her head. "I don't know." I nearly jumped out of my skin when she banged her head to the table. "I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!" She said to herself.

Now I'm getting worried. "Hate what?"

"Everything." She bluntly stated. "My life's pointless."

Really worried. "Who told you that?"

She shook her head. "Face it. I'm nothing but a used up android. Innovators used me as a test subject, kind of like Yuuya. A test player, a bit like you. But other than that, they treat me like I'm their slave." She started breathing heavily and then growled. "Cobra is the same way."