Stopping Saturn 2

Kaidou Jin:

"Hiyama, it's not too late." Professor Yamano stated as he walked onto the platform Ban and I are standing on. "Stop this foolishness."

"I take it that you've realized my plan." Lex said with a smug grin.

Yagami came in the room as well. "We've analyze the hacked information to find Saturn's landing point. Its destination isn't Tyrant Press. It's N-City."

"N-City?" Ban asked.

"That's right." Professor continued. "N-City is currently holding the International Group Summit. By dropping Saturn there, he'll assasinate all the world leaders at once." What?! I felt Evangeline's grip tightened and I just barely flinched at her iron grip.

"Correct." Lex replied. "Nothing less from Professor Yamano. But it's too late. It's all on the move already."

"I never expected you to use the Eternal Cycler technology to send the world to destruction." Professor Yamano stated. "I've taught you in the past. Even if we take part in implementing new technology-"

"'We must never lose sight of human concious.'" Lex cut off. "Nostalgic words. But i don't have a concious left. Let alone any of my humanity. I abandoned my humanity and become a monster, on that day 18 years ago."

"What happened Lex?" Ban asked.

"18 years ago, during the construction of the next generation research lab, a massive explosion occured." Lex started. "That was the start of everything. The government claimed that the cause of this accident with many victims was a grave mistake on part of the construction company's management. The suprvisor that was in charge of the construction company was left to take full responsibility. That supervisor was my father, Hiyama Takeshi. To the very end, my father would repeat, 'I did nothing wrong, believe me.' They were his dying words. After that, we couldn't stand the critisism from those around us, so we had to go our seperate ways. Now, I don't know where my family is, or whether they're still alive or not. I couldn't put that cursed accident behind me. After a long time, I found the truth behind it. The hidden truth behind that accident. The hidden truth, the one who brought my father down, was..."

"Kaidou Yoshimitsu." Professor Yamano stated. I narrowed my eyes and almost clenched my fist until I realized I was holding Evangeline's hand.

"That's right." Lex said. "The cause of the explosion was due to rushed construction forced by the government, as well as Kaidou Yoshimitsu. He was plotting to use the success of the next generation energy to increase his political power. But during the reasearch lab construction, that explosion occured. The truth would hurt his career, so Kaidou pushed all the responsibility onto my father." He narrowed his eyes. "I swore that I'd lay my life to get revenge on Kaidou Yoshimitsu."

"Then you've alreday gotten that revenge!" Takuya exclaimed. "You've killed him!" My whole body froze in that one moment and Evangeline tensed up as well. I shook my head slightly to get my thoughts back. Evangeline had her iron grip on my hand and i know for a fact she won't let go anytime soon.

"It's not over!" Lex exclaimed. "It's not over. At this rate, the same thing will only happen again."

"What do you mean?" Takuya asked.

"It wasn't just Kaidou." Lex continued. "There's an even greater evil behind Kaidou. In other words, this world revolves aroung the palms of a small number of those with power. Politicians, economists, developers. And they even control when and how wars occur. They fulfil their own needs with thier almighty power. Kaidou was merely one of the pack."

"That can't be!" Yagami exclaimed.

"There can't be people like that!" Takuya protested.

"You should be aware of it, Professor Yamano." Lex said.

The professor nodded. "Yes. There are those who create and manage wars." Everyone stared at him in shock. There are people that can actually CONTROL wars?!

"You've experience it too, haven't you?" Lex asked with a smug grin. "The fight between the Seekers and the Innovators. The war I planned out using the Kaidou android, that is. The same thing is happening in this world, even as i speak... On the whims of those in charge. Even if Kaidou is removed from this corrupted world, nothing will change. That's why I'll destroy this world. The International Group Summit is a gathering of those control freaks. If i drop Saturn on them, I'll erase them without a trace left behind."

"But what will happen to N-City if you do that?" Takuya asked. "What about all the people who live there?!"

"Sacrifices are necessary for a revolution, Takuya." Lex said. "I want the people in this world to think things over."

"Think things over?" Takuya repeated.

"After losing their leaders and many others, the people in this world will eventually start rebuilding." Lex stated. "When that happens, they'll inevitably think things over. About a new world and a new order. At that time, I'll send them a message."

"A message?" Ban asked.

"When this mission is over, it should reach you too." Lex said. Then, the screen went static.

"Let's go, Takuya-san." Ban said. "We have to stop Lex."

"That's right." Professor Yamano said.

Takuya nodded. "Let's go."

We went onboads of Eclipse and most of us were surprised at how big it is. We went up to the bridge and saw all the seekers here.

Yagami explained the new plan. We're going to stop Saturn at all cost. But because Saturn has an invincible defense system called Fence, so Eclipse won't be able to approach easily. A unit will be using the Control Pods to attack the defenses. We'll also be using flight packs on our LBXs. Then we'll go to the control systems and hack it, stopping Fence and letting Eclipse get closer to Saturn. To get past Fence, we'll use Umbrella, a defense system that works a lot like Beam Grater. This is Operation Daybreak.

~~~~~

Evangeline and I went to get our LBXs ready. Evangeline fliches every once in a while but I don't really have to ask why because I already know.

"Why do people always do these kinds of things?" She started muttering.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Why would people think that doing all this will help? They said they want to help... But all they've done is cause pain." She then gave a sad smile. "It's funny how 'help' and 'pain' are both four letter words." Then she shook her head. "'Scar' is another four letter word. And so is 'hurt'. That's all they've been doing."

"I..." This is the first time I've seen her like this.

"I don't really expect you to understand, but... I want to know... I need to know whether or not I'm walking into another nightmare." Her eyes darkened.

". . . I don't know if I can give you a straight answer." I told her.

She gave another sad smile. "I'm not expecting it to be from you. I still trust you. I know you're not like that man. I'm just worried... worried that if trusting them is wrong too." She sighed. "Lex has a point. The world revolves around those with power. Those who have power takes control. Those who take control... lost thier path to peace."

"I suppose that's true." I said after giving some thought. "But assinating people isn't right. If we let him do this, we won't be any better than my grandfather..."

Evangeline nodded. "Understood." She then smiled competatively. "I bet i can take down more of the Innovator LBXs than you ever could." A sudden change in subject but...

"Challenge accepted!" I exclaimed. We went to the control pod room just like Yagami told us to and sent our LBXs to Saturn.