Hacking

Evangeline Mech:

We met up outside once Ban, Hiro and Ran took care of the enemy LBXs.

"Otacross, forward the info to us." Takuya ordered.

"Got it." He sent it to Ban, Jin and Jessica's CCMs and my tablet. On the map, appeared three of the fastest routes that led to the NDHQ.

"There it is." Hiro stated.

"These routes lead to the Defense HQs main duct, where we'll be entering the building." Takuya stated. "While we make our way to the main duct, Otacross will figure out the routes from there to the satelite management center."

"Leave it to me." Otacross said.

"This is enemy territory guys." Takuya reminded us. "Watch out for any LBXs on guard."

"Right!" We said.

"So then," I started. "Ban, Hiro and Ran are with Professor Yamano. Jessica, Yuuya and Asuke are with Takuya-san. And Jin, Kazu and Ami are with Cobra... Right?" The nodded. "So who am I going with?" I asked, pointing at myself.

"You're not coming." Jin said simply.

"Eh?! Why not?" I wailed.

"You have to stay here and help Otacross and Professor Oozora to look for the route on the inside." He replied.

"But... But... I wanna come to..." I pouted, slightly annoyed.

Jin step forward and whispered to my ear. I widen my eyes for a second then sighed.

"Well... When you put it that way." I muttered. "Good luck then... I guess."

I went in without another word.

~~~~~

"What's this?" Professor Oozora asked.

"A simulation program, created using the data I hacked from the survailance cameras." Otacross replied. "It carefully monitors the security too. So with this, we can find the shortest route to the satelite management center."

"Say what now?" I watched as Otacross turned on the game he used to find the route. A small Otacross-figure appeared on the screen nearby a virtual version of the duct.

"So I see..." Professor Oozora said. "In other words, it's a game."

"Start." He pushed the start button and a women in a bunny suit appeared on the screen.

"I'll be waiting for you in the satelite management center..." She said with a wink. Then she disappeared.

"I'm coming now!" Otacross said gleefully.

I shivered at his glee. He can be such a pervert sometimes. Which is one thing I don't like about him.

In the meanwhile, Professor Oozora payed half attention to the screen, and faced me. "I don't think I've caught your full name."

I gave her a small smile. "It's Evangeline. Evangeline Mech."

"Mech?" She asked. "Are you by any chance related to Hugo Mech?"

I winced at the mention of my brother and stiffly nodded. "My brother... Yeah..."

She adjusted her glasses. "I see. I'm sorry for your loss."

I shook my head lightly. "It's nothing to worry about. I'm already over it... I think."

"I knew your brother quite well." She stated.

"You do?" I asked, surprised.

"He helped out in the study of AIs and was actually one of my smartest students." She stated.