End of the Beginning

Evangeline Mech:

Kaidou Yoshimitsu walked down the steps and stopped on the other side of the diorama. "This is your end."

"Ban, go ahead." Jin said. "I'll take him down." When Ban left, Jin faced his grandfather. "Your opponent is me." He said firmly.

"Jin, you're still opposing me?"

"You're not my grandfather. You're just a puppet! Zenon!"

"Gekkoumaru!"

"AI control."

I used my AI to record the battle and send it to Professor Yamano. When i noticed the security camera starting to rotate, i stopped the recording and let the station do the rest.

"I'll end both you and the Innovators!" Zenon started attacking Gekkoumaru, but was thrown back in a single hit.

"Gekkoumaru is invincible." Kaidou said. It kept dodging Zenon's attacks.

He can read Zenon's movements. Is it because he took the data from the fight with Kaiser? Zenon was hit again.

"No, not just that." Jin said, as if reading my thoughts. "Is Gekkoumaru that much stronger than Kaiser?"

Zenon wasn't able to hit his opponent, but Gekkoumaru didn't seem to have that problem. "Speed, power... You are inferior in every way. You can not win against me."

"Attack Function, Gekka Ranbu."

The impact slashed off Zenon's left arm. "It's over." Kaidou said.

"Not yet." Jin muttered. Zenon started standing up. "I won't give up to the very end. That's what Ban taught me!"

"Nothing you do will help." Gekkoumaru started attacking again, but this time, Zenon didn't recieve as much damage as he's supposed to.

Zenon's off balance, so Gekkoumaru can't get a clean hit. I'm sure Jin must have realized it by now.

Gekkoumaru striked again, but Zenon walked out clean. "I was lucky to lose thar arm." Jin said. "You can't predict Zenon's movements accurately now that its balance has changed."

"Reopening analysis." Gekkoumaru started scanning Zenon.

"It's too late for that!" Jin said.

"Alternative Mode."

His CCM screen transformed and Zenon glowed blue. "Go!" Zenon attacked Gekkoumaru over and over again.

"Begone!"

"Attack Function, Omega Explosion."

With that one hit, Gekkoumaru was destroyed. The Kaidou android was malfunctioning as well. After putting down his CCM, i tugged on Jin's coat as we walked forward to the android.

"Kaidou Yoshimitsu." He started. "I haven't forgiven you for what you've done. But thanks to the LBX you gave me, I was able to find what is precious to me. Those are my friends."

We walked passed him and started running to catch up to Ban, only to be stopped at the door by a bunch of LBXs.

"My turn." I walked forward and faced the LBXs. "Dreamer!" Dreamer jumped from my palm and in front of the LBXs.

"Hurry and go." I told him though he got hesitant. "Jin, trust me." He cast me a glance and nodded, then ran ahead.

"Alright then." I turned back to LBXs and smirked.

"Fairy Mode."

Dreamer glowed purple and started attacking.

~~~~~

Kaidou Jin:

I regretted leaving Evangeline alone but I don't have much of a choice... Actually, she didn't even gave me a choice. I ran until I reached a dead end. I tried to open the door in front of me but to no avail. And then, Professor Yamano came up behind me and called Ban.

"Ban, it's me." He said. "Stop Hiyama. You can do that, right?" After that he hung up and turned to me. "Jin, let's go. There's something else we have to do." He walked away.

I looked back at the door. "It's in your hands, Ban." And I followed Professor Yamano down the stairs and back the way we came.

Right around the corner, I saw Evangeline panting and holding onto the walls for support. I just barely caught her when she fell and even then she was still panting.

"What happened?" I asked. I have no idea why, but every time something like this happens to her, I always panic.

She looked up to me slowly but smiled and gave a thumbs up. "I did it... I beat the army..."

I blinked a few times and then smiled back. "Great."

~~~~~

We caught up with the professor and started walking to the control room. Professor was talking to Ami and Kazuya through his com. link. I can tell that the other two are really worried about Ban.

At the control room, we started hacking into the systems.

"The self-destruct program..." Evangeline muttered under my ear. She was holding on to me that close, but i don't mind. This has already become normal for us both.

"We really are going to destroy Saturn." I muttered a small apology to grandfather, though it didn't really come from the heart.

"We can't access it from here." She muttered. "The self-destruct sequence can only be activated in the cockpit. We have to wait for Ban." I nodded at her words.

Soon, Ban called in and Professor Yamano was up on his feet. "Ban! Are you safe?"

"Yeah." We were all relieved.

"I see. Great." His father replied. Then he explained how to set the self-destruct seauence. Password, 'hope'.

Then, everything went red and we headed back to the Harpoon. There we saw Yagami waiting for us.

"Has Ban come back yet?" I asked.

"Ban will be fine." Professor said.

After that, we hurried in from the Harpoon onto Eclipse. Ban came in soon enough and Eclipse back away from Saturn just in time before it self-destructed. He told us what happend to Lex and i felt a bit sad myself.

~~~~~

Once back at Tokio City, I went back to the fortress with Evangeline right behind me. It felt awkward but neither of us knew what to say to break the silence.

When we got there, the place was completely deserted and no one was around. "I guess they abandoned the place." I muttered.

"It's a pity since there's a whole lot of useful equipment here." Evangeline said, walking up next to me.

"Maybe Takuya-san and Yagami-san will take some and use it for Tiny Orbit. It could even benefit for Crystar Ingram." I said.

"True." She said. We walked around the fortress. Even though we went through these hallways so many times before, it felt like this experience is new to us.

"So what's going to happen now?" She asked. "We took down Innovators, but our home is destroyed too... Or about to be anyway."

"Well, Takuya-san did offer us to stay at Tiny Orbit for the time being." I replied. "It'll be a lot like before, just with more people, Evangeline."

She laughed slightly. "I think it's about time you stop calling me that."

"What?" I blinked a few times but she kept smiling at me.

"Call me 'Eva', like everyone else does." She laughed.

I stared at her for a moment before smiling back. "Sure thing... Eva."