Chapter 17: Healing Powers?

Beep...beep...beep

I woke up groaning, annoyed by the sound that was next to me beeping every few seconds. I opened my eyes and saw I was in one of the pack's hospital, white walls. In a comfy bed, two chairs on either side of it, and cabinets that held medical suppliles or medicine for the sick or injured. An IV is placed in my arm, which led the cord into a bag that contained some kind of medicine. It was placed into a hook that the heart monitor had along with other types of cords on me.

The door opened as Ash came in with his head hung low in sadness and defeat, he came and slouched on one of chairs looking at the ceiling. His hair was looking slightly damped, his eyes had circles under them that stared to show. His face is getting pale as his stomach growled loudly indicating he was starving but he didn't get up to go get food.

"Ash." I called him out worriedly. He froze and looked at me for a second before quickly getting up and came to the bed, giving me a bone crushing hug.

"Thank god you finally woke up love." He said as he kissed me all over my face making me laugh quietly before he kissed me softly.

"What happened?" I asked as he sat down scooting down one of the chairs closer to the bed. He held my hand tracing patterns, he stopped and kissed my knuckles looking at me.

"Do you remember the little girl the one where holding before you passed out?" He asked cautiously.

"Yeah. What about her?" I asked, thinking about the little girl that I held in my arms.

"Well she is my daughter Sophia. Do you also remember when you held her as she cried and a few minutes later she stopped?" He asked as I nodded and he continued. "Well she has cancer and sometimes she experiences terrible headaches, but mainly on her head or her abdominal pain. But for the pain to sooth we have to give her a pill that starts to work in half in hour at least. But we didn't understand why it stopped instantly with you until we found out something about you. I'm not even sure you know that you have it." He said looking at me straight in the eyes hesitating as if he should really tell me.

"What is it. What do I have?" I asked as I started to feel anxious. He was about to tell but was cut off when someone knocked and opened the door. A doctor came in with a smile she looked around her 40's with short dark black hair, brown eyes, high boned cheeks, perfect nose, small lips, dark tanned skin and stood around 5'6. She was old but still managed to look like she was on her thirty's, along with a mated mark on her shoulder between her neck and shoulder, her scent was mixed with some one else's.

"Hello Alpha, Luna I'm Dr Kingston. How are you feeling today?" She asked while looking at my monitors and checking the pressure on me.

"I'm doing great, but please call me Ella. I don't really like when they call me Luna." I said giving her a smile. She nodded beaming while she frowned for a second looking down at her clip board.

"Luna- I mean Ella is there any way that any of your family members or past ancestors had any types of abilities?" She asked before she sat in a stool on my other side.

"No. Not that I know of my mother and well my step-father never mention anything. What does special abilities have to do with the fact I passed out?" I asked curiously looking at her then back at Ash as they gave each other a knowing glance, before he nodded.

"Well....Has Alpha explained to you why you fainted?" She asked looking between me and Ash.

"No. He was about to explain to me. But that's when you came in and he stopped talking." I said, focusing my attention to her.

"Um...Well it seems that your power had caused your body to stress. That much power for you to give away, for the first time was a bad idea. It also was a good thing I had medicine samples for you, because if I didn't the consequences would have been really bad Ella." She said as her voice shook a little in the end.