Chapter 9 - Good Times

Aubrey's P.O.V

"Samantha?!" I asked shocked looking down at my best friend who I just bumped into.

"Aubrey?!" She asked just as confused. Tears gathered in my eyes as I looked at her, and she was getting teary-eyed as well. I jumped into her arms and hugged her tightly while she was still on the floor and we cried.

"You've been here the whole time?" I asked her, sniffling.

She nodded her head. "Yea." She said chuckling through her tears.

"You bitch!" I said and punched her shoulder. "Why haven't you been answering my calls and my texts?" I questioned her angrily.

"Ow." She whined while running her shoulder. "Alpha Jerry wouldn't allow us to communicate with anyone in the Red Moon Pack. He records our conversations and checks our phones and shit." She explained herself.

I growled. "That bastard deprived me of my best friend and home, and he attempted to kill me. I should've killed him when I had the chance."

She snorted. "Well you beat his guard asses today so I'm sure that won't be too hard for you." She said.

I laughed and she laughed with me.

I hugged her tightly again. "God, I've missed you." I said.

"I've missed you too Auby." She said tightening her embrace.

"So how's that mate been treating ya? Do I need to dispose of any bodies?" I asked her jokingly.

She chuckled. "Michael's amazing! Oh my gosh I miss having someone to gush about boys with." She said with a sigh.

I giggled. "You were always boy crazy."

"Yea but now I'm only crazy for one boy." She said with a wink.

I laughed. "So about this Michael guy..." I trailed off.

"Oh yea, Michael!" She said remembering the topic of the conversation. "He's such a sweetheart. He's gonna be the future Beta of the pack when Luca becomes the Alpha because they're best friends. He's taken me on multiple romantic dates, he took me took this vacation house that used to belong to his parents, he's just been the best thing that's ever happened to me." She said with a love-sick smile.

I scrunched my nose. "Is this how I'm going to be like when I'm with Luca?" I asked her teasingly.

She laughed. "Oh yea." She said. "When y'all grow closer and see each other everyday you'll become as lovey-dovey as Michael and I, trust me." She said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "I hope not." I said.

"That's the thing sweetheart, you can't help it." She said. "Now come on." She said getting up. I grabbed her outstretched hands and she helped me up also. "Let's go look for our mates." She said.

"Our mates? Your mate has had plenty of time with you, now it's my turn." I said pouting. She just laughed at me and continued to pull me out of the kitchen.

We walked back into the living room and I found Luca still talking to same guy when I left to go to the kitchen. Maybe that was the Michael Samantha was talking about.

She walked away from me, entered his arms, and they exchanged a long kiss. Yup, that's Michael. I thought as they continued to kiss. I walked towards Luca and walked into his embrace as well.

"Hey princess, where've you been?" He asked me as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"In the kitchen with my best friend catching up on some stuff." I muttered into his chest.