Chapter 20 - Let the Games Begin

Aubrey's P.O.V

I paced up and down the meeting room as I stood with the best and brightest of the Red Moon Pack. I couldn't believe it. Just moments ago Samantha was here, and all of a sudden she was gone. If it wasn't for that stupid meeting and me fooling around with Luca maybe we would've been able to save her. If we had let her join the meeting like she rightfully should've, she would've never been vulnerable enough to get kidnapped in the first place. Maybe if we had -

"Aubrey," Luca's voice was clear as day even as the loud ruckus the frantic pack members were making in the background penetrated my werewolf hearing. "I can hear your thoughts. It's not your fault."

"It's all our faults." I growled out. "We left her alone out there as bait for that beast, and now he has one of the people I care most about." Tears welled up in my eyes. "I can't go through to this again. I can't lose another best friend because of th-that bastard." A sob wracked through my body at the thought of my best friend in the hands of Reginald. Who knows what he's done to her by now? Who knows what he's making her do?

Luca placed his arms around me as he soothed me with strokes of his hand running up and down my back. "We're gonna find her, and we're gonna kill that bastard once and for all okay?" Luca planted a kiss on my forehead.

I quickly sniffled before wiping away my tears and pulling myself together. I was now the Luna of this pack. I couldn't sit here and cry away my problems, I had to keep my head up and find a way to bring my best friend back.

"Have you guys come up with anything yet?" I asked Michael.

I looked at his disheveled figure and felt the guilt consume my body. Michael looked so stressed out without his mate, and it was all my fault. I'm the one that brought this danger upon both packs, and now my carelessness is costing us an amazing person.

"No, there's nothing! There were two guys who were last seen with Samantha helping put away chairs, and they said told her to go home because it was getting late. We have wolves searching all around the forest, and her scent follows a trail before it disappears all at once in a random spot in the forest." Michael explained through gritted teeth.

Reginald always was good at hiding his scent; I'm sure he had no problem hiding Samantha's before kidnapping her. I slammed a fist on the table. "Goddamn it, Reggie." I gritted out through clenched teeth as tears threatened to fall from my eyes. I looked back up to the men and women in the room. "We need to come up with a plan to rescue her!"

"How Luna? We don't even have a clue as to where this man could be hiding her." Ryan pointed out.

"I have a clue." I said before pulling out my phone and dialing the one person who probably didn't want to hear from me right now.

"Hello?"

"Hey Danica, we have a problem. I'm gonna need you to get Devin here as soon as possible."

"You and this infatuation with my mate has got to stop. Didn't you just have a coronation to become Luna of Red Moon Pack? And yes, I was there. What more do need from him?" She growled.

I growled back. She may be my older sister, but I was not in the mood to deal with her bullshit right now. "Listen here, Danica! This is a dire situation, and I'm not going to let your irrational jealousy get between me finding a solution. Samantha's fucking missing, and I need Devin's help because he just might know where to find her."

Danica gasped. "S-sam's gone?"

I refrained from rolling my eyes and clenched my jaw. "Yes, I'm gonna need to borrow your mate for the rescue mission, so be here as soon as possible. And remember to leave your jealousy at the door before you walk in." I quickly hung up after that.