Chapter 18 - The Alpha and Luna Coronation II

Aubrey's P.O.V

The loud silence rang in my ears as everyone held their breath after I proposed my challenge. At the moment, the only thing that I could hear was the sound of my steady breathing and my heartbeat. I had my eyes locked on Nicole's as she stood there just about as shocked as everyone else.

A hand grabbed my arm, and the person spun me around. "Aubrey are you crazy?" Samantha whisper-yelled. "I would totally love to watch you tear her apart limb from limb, but this is your night! This is only about you and Luca tonight okay! And I refuse to just sit back and watch you make a big deal out of this slut who obviously doesn't deserve the mercy I'm giving her right now." She said before shooting a glare at Nicole.

I pulled my arm out of her grip. "I know what I'm doing Sam. Trust me, okay."

Samantha stared at me a little longer before sighing and nodding her head.

I turned back to Nicole who was fidgeting underneath my cold glare. "Do you accept my challenge?"

"I don't see what killing me is going to prove!" She suddenly shouted out.

"It's going to prove who truly deserves to be this pack's Luna. I mean after all the loser can't really become the Luna if she's dead now can she?" I smirked before taking a couple steps towards her. "You're not scared are you? I mean you weren't too scared standing at the front of the stage bashing my name, so why are you so afraid now?"

"Me? Afraid of you? Please." She gritted out. "I've seen scarier at Victoria's Secret when there's a sale."

"Well then this should be no problem, sadly you still haven't answered my question. Do you accept my challenge?" I crossed my arms.

"I don't understand how this will solve-"

"ENOUGH!" I shouted becoming highly annoyed. Don't get too upset Aubrey. Control it.

Everyone in the audience flinched at the sound of my voice. Even Luca looked a bit shocked.

Oh snap, did I just use my Luna voice?

"Either we fight to the death or you can take a fucking seat, and witness me become your Luna with every ounce of envy in your eyes."

Nicole glared at me before walking past me, making sure to bump shoulders with me in the process.

I snorted. She has yet to learn huh?

"That's what I thought." I muttered. Fucking all bark no bite type of wolves just piss me the fuck off.

Jerry quickly took the opportunity to take over the microphone. "Are you sure there isn't any other female in the audience who would like t-"

Luca shoved his father out of his way with a glare. He turned towards the crowd again and simply chuckled. "What my father meant to say was now that my true mate has arrived this coronation may finally begin." He said sending a soft smile my way.

Samantha began clapping loudly, and I couldn't help but laugh since she was the only one. Slowly though everyone in the audience joined in, and a smile managed to make it's way onto my face.

Maybe this whole Luna gig won't be too bad.

I cracked my knuckles and walked towards the stage. I smiled at Luca as I stood across from him. I wasn't sure what to do at this point, so I just played with my dress a bit and waited for further instructions.