Chapter 3 - Questions, Comments, Concerns?

AUBREY'S P.O.V

"Okay, do we have everyone from both packs?" I asked Luca as I held our son in my arms. My birthday was only a week away at this point, and we needed everyone unable to fight in this war out of harm's way immediately.

"We're still waiting on a few more people to check in, then we'll be able to send everyone off." He said mindlessly as he tickled our son.

"Dada, no tickies." He giggled as he pushed his father's hands away. I smiled sadly down at my son as tears began to form in my eyes. I've never been away from him for more than a day, and if I was it was because he was with Luca. Now I was going to have to pack him on a bus, and I don't know how long it's going to be before I see him again.

"Mommy crine?" He asked as he tilted his head up at me in curiosity.

I sniffled before smiling through the tears. "Yes Mommy's crying Bubba."

"Why you cry?"

"Because Mommy's gonna miss you Bubba." I said before nuzzling his nose with my own. "But it's okay because you are going to be a good boy for Mommy and Daddy and stay with Auntie Em while we chase away the bad guys."

"Bad guys go away?"

I kissed his forehead. "Yup. Once we make them go away, it'll be safe for you to come back home; then I'll make you you're favorite cake."

His eyes glimmered with anticipation. "Vevet?"

I giggled at his mispronunciation. "Yea Bubba, I'll make you Red Velvet cake."

He mostly liked Red Velvet cake because of the bold color it had compared to other cakes, but the taste was also another factor in his obsession with it.

"Swearsies?"

I pecked his nose. "Swearsies."

"Alright everyone, if you could please make your way to the bus at this time that would be terrific." Emily said as she caressed her small baby bump with a smile. Chase was right behind her rubbing her arms as he whispered in her ear. Whatever he was saying caused her to go red, and I couldn't help but chuckle at the couple.

"It's time to go with Auntie Em now Bubba. Be a good boy and know that we love you."

Luca leaned down to give Noah a kiss on the forehead before ruffling his hair affectionately. "Love ya kiddo. You'll be back before you know it."

I walked towards Emily, and she met me halfway with a sad smile on her face. She grabbed my son from my arms before giving me a reassuring smile. "Don't worry Bre, Noah here will be in good hands. Right Noah?"

"Right!" He shouted enthusiastically.

"Watch out for yourself as well Em."

She rolled her eyes at me before hiking Noah higher up her hip. "Oh please, Aubrey. I'm a grown woman. I know how to handle myself. Just make sure that you follow your own advice. You're gonna need it more than me."

I hugged her with Noah between the both of us before we finally parted. They both, along with everyone else, settled onto the bus. Noah sat next to Emily and made sure to cop a window seat. Emily pointed at us through the window, and Noah waved at the both of us with his cheeky grin as the bus began to drive away.

Tears welled up in my eyes once again as I waved them off, and I felt Luca's arms wrap around my waist as he placed his chin on my shoulder. He pressed his lips against my cheek. "He's going to be fine Aubrey."