Chapter 10 - Indirectly Rejected

Aubrey's P.O.V

Samantha and I were currently in Emily's room since both of our mate's are in an "important" meeting that had to do with the pack or whatever. Sooner or later I was gonna have to be involved in these so-called 'meetings'. I really hoped they weren't boring though, I don't think I'd be able to bear them.

"So, you're an Omega?" Samantha's repeated. Emily blushed and nodded her head.

"Yea, people make fun of me for it. I kinda got used to it though." She said while looking down at her hands. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at her.

"That's the thing though, you shouldn't have to get used to being treated like shit. A pack is only as strong as it's weakest link, and making that link feel weak and timid doesn't make the pack itself any better." I ranted.

"Preach it girl!" Samantha said while clapping. Emily and I started laughing, and Samantha soon joined in.

"Does your pack treat your Omega's better?" She asked with hope in her eyes. I cringed slightly thinking of the way Omega's are treated in my pack. If I could change their treatment I would, but with my dad as the Alpha there's no changing the traditions held there.

"Umm...you see....my dad's an asshole, so the Omega's aren't treated any better but trust me, when my brother's ruling I'm sure things will change." I told her reassuringly. She nodded, but kept her head down in dissapointment.

"If anything our pack's should be focusing on making you - and any other Omega - stronger. Not bringing down your confidence." I said.

Samantha started clapping and cheering again. "Amen pastor." She said. I started giggling again. I can't, Samantha is just too much at times.

"No but seriously, once Luca becomes Alpha, things are definitely going to be changing around here." I said with full on determination.

"Speaking of Luca...how are you two love-bird's?" Samantha asked me with a smirk. Even Emily was smirking, and she was supposed to be the shy, nice one! I blushed as their eyes fell on me.

"Aw, she's blushing!" Emily said while pinching my cheeks. I smacked her hands away from my face and scowled. You're one to talk. I thought.

"Not you too!" I said while groaning. I don't think helping Emily gain back her confidence was gonna be too hard. Just stick her in a room with Samantha for a day, and she'll be a whole new person. I thought with an internal scowl.

"Come on, tell us." Samantha pestered me.

"I don't know guys, there's not much to tell. Literally the day after we met I was locked up in a cell. I don't know." I said shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know why y'all expect me to confess my undying love for him so early in our relationship. I don't even know him." I said keeping it real.

Samantha just rolled her eyes at me. "Well, that was a waste of my time." She said with a sigh and got up from Emily's bed. She walked over to Emily's full body mirror and started playing with her hair.

"I wonder what it's like to have a mate." Emily said thoughtfully after a moment of silence.

"Oh, darling it's amazing!" Samantha said jumping back on the bed and grabbing Emily's hands. Emily smiled up at her, and I just rolled my eyes.

"They make you feel special and loved. They make you feel beautiful and give you a sort of confidence you'd never think you'd ever have." She said. I cut her off right there with a snort.